Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-10-2013, 09:16 PM   #1
nightcat
nightcat began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Bookmarking not supported in all formats?

I received my Kobo Glo today, and after some experimentation I have found the Glo will not bookmark in all formats equally. HTML ebooks will not bookmark, epub ones will. Is this a common thing, and is it a bug or a "feature"? If it is common, how do other formats like txt and RTF fare? Software version on my Glo is 2.5.1, if that matters.
nightcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 09:40 PM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
I would call it a feature; I think you will only find bookmarking in ePub and Kobo ePub formats; the others are very rudimentary views. You'd be best to use calibre to convert the other formats into ePubs.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-10-2013, 09:48 PM   #3
Uschiekid
Tenrec
Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
I would call it a feature; I think you will only find bookmarking in ePub and Kobo ePub formats; the others are very rudimentary views. You'd be best to use calibre to convert the other formats into ePubs.
and PDF (only when not zoomed in)
Uschiekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 01:59 PM   #4
nightcat
nightcat began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Thanks for the replies, all. Although I do admit the idea of not having to necessarily convert anything I wanted to read on the Glo from its current format was rather nice, having to do so is not a deal breaker. Used to it, having used Palm PDAs with Weasel Reader up until now for reading ebooks. (Yes, I'm that old-school.)
nightcat is offline   Reply With Quote