Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-10-2012, 09:41 PM   #1
xfiles
xfiles can extract oil from cheesexfiles can extract oil from cheesexfiles can extract oil from cheesexfiles can extract oil from cheesexfiles can extract oil from cheesexfiles can extract oil from cheesexfiles can extract oil from cheesexfiles can extract oil from cheese

Device: kindle
Lightbulb cover book as screensaver

I have a kindle 3 with the scrreensavers hack. Recently i acquired a basic KOBO reader, my first impression is that it lacks many things that kindle have, for example a browser, underline text, etc.

But one very simple that if I liked of kobo reader is that remains as screensaver the cover of the book I am currently reading or last book opened.

Is there any hack to do this? if there is not, Is it very difficult to make one for kindle?

I think this little feature is very significant to readers who have years accustomed to traditional physical books. Like me.
xfiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 10:03 PM   #2
xfiles
xfiles can extract oil from cheesexfiles can extract oil from cheesexfiles can extract oil from cheesexfiles can extract oil from cheesexfiles can extract oil from cheesexfiles can extract oil from cheesexfiles can extract oil from cheesexfiles can extract oil from cheese

Device: kindle
yes there ara a copy cover plugin

I just installed the plugin, the next step would be to establish as screensaver the cover currently reading book.

Great plugin!
xfiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-10-2012, 10:47 PM   #3
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
We do not support the Kobo here. You should try in a Kobo forum.

But for the kindles, it would be possible to do what you suggest with a background script (or native C program). Instead of running in the background, the "book cover to screensaver" script could be launched with hotkeys using the launchpad hack. It would take some research, development, and testing though (from somebody who wants to invest their personal time in such an endeavor).

Your options are to convince somebody to do it for you for free, or to pay somebody to do it for you, or learn how to do it yourself (and be sure to publish it here when you are done).

Last edited by geekmaster; 09-10-2012 at 10:49 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 11:47 PM   #4
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
It might be similar to that recently discussed "Kindle Watch" - -

Which was a library file, based on something else that was done here (see the first post of that thread).
If a library file can be called to display an alarm clock, one could be called to strip out the cover of the current book.

That author has not (yet) published his source, but the original work the author based the "Kindle Watch" on should be published.

Last edited by knc1; 09-10-2012 at 11:49 PM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote