Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-12-2011, 12:10 AM   #1
gsgleason
Just some dude
gsgleason began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-950, Kindle3
replacement css in prs+ book viewer setting - which properties are supported?

Hello, helpful forum. You have answered many of my questions already. Thanks for that.

My reader is less readable than my kindle 3 (keyboard); I am attempting to address this.

I installed PRSPlus primarily for its ability to set fonts locally on the device.

I installed Caecelia as follows:

I put the four variants in the /fonts directory on the device:
Code:
$ md5sum fonts/Caecilia-*
1e8329e21e714022d825a7b5e1d37cf0  fonts/Caecilia-BoldItalic.otf
e7b40bf06ed3a36005ab81ffddac6113  fonts/Caecilia-Bold.otf
19c92227885823fe74ab965f35988620  fonts/Caecilia-Italic.otf
b801fe454a580ef76dba7942567486a5  fonts/Caecilia-Roman.otf
Here is my css contents which are in /database/system/PRSPlus/epub/
Code:
font-face {font-family: "Caecilia";font-weight: normal;font-style: normal;src: url(res:///Data/fonts/Caecilia-Roman.otf);}
@font-face {font-family: "Caecilia";font-weight: bold;font-style: normal;src: url(res:///Data/fonts/Caecilia-Bold.otf);}
@font-face {font-family: "Caecilia";font-weight: normal;font-style: italic;src: url(res:///Data/fonts/Caecilia-Italic.otf);}
@font-face {font-family: "Caecilia";font-weight: bold;font-style: italic;src: url(res:///Data/fonts/Caecilia-BoldItalic.otf);}
body {
font-family: "Caecilia";
}
It reports as the following:
Code:
$ file -i database/system/PRSPlus/epub/Caecilia.css 
database/system/PRSPlus/epub/Caecilia.css: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
the results were better, but the lines were too close together, so I put the following in the css body section:
Code:
line-height:120%;
It didn't seem to do anything.

I then tried setting the 'font-size' to 80%, nothing. I tried fixed sizes as well, from 2 to 20 px. No change.

The css is valid, but I know not which properties the reader honors.

Any thoughts?

Last edited by gsgleason; 12-12-2011 at 12:13 AM.
gsgleason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 04:35 AM   #2
kartu
PRS+ author
kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300, 505, 600, 650, 950
gsgleason,

I'd suggests overriding fonts as done here. That code is literally "overriding fonts".

Other than that, note that "particular CSS changes nothing" doesn't necessarily mean, that it is not supported. Another explanation is: book has CSS that is more "specific", i.e. has higher priority.

If the book has css that looks like, say:
Code:
p.article {
line-height: 100%;
}
it would override your body {...} statement.

PS
Reminder: in PRS+ 2.0.x , you have to open different book, then get back to original book to actually apply new css.
kartu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-12-2011, 04:42 AM   #3
Mark Nord
2B || !2B
Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS505/650/T1/tolino vision 5
gsgleason,

you may also want to check this thread: Changing Fonts in PRS+
Mark Nord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 12:51 AM   #4
gsgleason
Just some dude
gsgleason began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-950, Kindle3
Just a quick update.

Applying the new fonts to class "caliblre" made everything work.

.calibre{blah lbah}
gsgleason is offline   Reply With Quote