Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 11-02-2010, 07:21 PM   #1
tipstir
Coby MID7015 Tablet Guru
tipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-books

Device: 7015A, CM738A, 7015, M150, A7, A32, Next3, PDN 7"/9", GT78, ePad
Lightbulb Sears Launches Viewsonic 10.1" G or ViewPad 10 Tablet

There is a dual boot version with Android OS v1.6 and Windows 7 Home Premium, but doesn't look like that Sears is carry that one. It has the Android OS v2.2 listed on their main site.

Sears Spec:

ViewSonic/G Tablet Key features: NVIDIA Tegra 2 Dual ARM cortex (1Ghz) Capacitive Multi-Touch/Multi Tasking panel 10.11024 X 600 TFI LCD Screen Mass Memory 16 GB Mini USB x 1; Full size USB x 1 1.3MP Front acing Webcam Earphone x 1 Micro SD card slot 2 x 1 W speaker Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n G sensor/Light sensor Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR 3500mAh/7.4V Li-polymer Battery Life 8-10 Hours Slim design (267 x 173 x 14.3mm) Wt. 820 Grams Buttons: Home/Back/Menu/Volume/Power OS / Android 2.2 Headphone Jack Built in Microphone

• NVIDIA Tegra 2 Dual ARM cortex (1Ghz)

• Capacitive Multi-Touch/Multi Tasking panel

• 10.1” 1024 X 600 TFI LCD Screen

• Mass Memory 16 GB

• Mini USB x 1; Full size USB x 1

• 1.3MP Front –Facing Webcam

• Earphone x 1

• Micro SD card slot

• 2 x 1 W speaker

• Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n

• G sensor/Light sensor

• Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR

• 3500mAh/7.4V Li-polymer Battery Life 8-10 Hours

• Slim design (267 x 173 x 14.3mm) Wt. 820 Grams

• Buttons: Home/Back/Menu/Volume/Power

• OS / Android 2.2

Source: Sears Priced: $379.99 (I've checked my Local Sears Has it Stock!)

Last edited by tipstir; 11-02-2010 at 08:55 PM. Reason: Updating Info
tipstir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 07:45 PM   #2
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
That's not a bad price at all, very interesting.
carld is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-02-2010, 08:46 PM   #3
tipstir
Coby MID7015 Tablet Guru
tipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-books

This was posted in Sundays Sears Flyer I didn't see this.. Until now

This shows the 10.1" with Android OS v2.2 Viewsonic G and then there is a ViewPad 10 which is the Dual Boot Android v1.6 with Windows 7 Premium. I had just got off the phone with Sears to see if the local store had them. First it site reported yes. But the Woman on the phone told me they're sold out and had them for over a month. I had the option to order one.

Last edited by tipstir; 11-02-2010 at 08:54 PM.
Old 11-03-2010, 06:39 AM   #4
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Interesting. Thanks!
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 08:58 AM   #5
Lemurion
eReader
Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 5; PW3; Nook HD+; ChuWi Hi12; iPad
Looks decent, but when are they going to come up with an Android tab that's NOT narrowscreen?

The biggest advantage of a large screen is the ability to read PDFs at one screen per page and still have it be legible - but going to a 16:9 rather than 4:3 ratio cancels out the benefits of a larger screen by giving you extra space you can't use.
Lemurion is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-03-2010, 09:51 AM   #6
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
16:9 is the new standard due to HD.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 10:08 AM   #7
Lemurion
eReader
Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 5; PW3; Nook HD+; ChuWi Hi12; iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
16:9 is the new standard due to HD.
I understand that HD has made it the new standard - however that still does not negate the fact that it's damn near useless for my purposes.

I dislike Apple's prices and curated computing model intensely, but at least with the iPad I can use the whole screen.
Lemurion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 01:07 PM   #8
tipstir
Coby MID7015 Tablet Guru

Look at the video and tell me what you think? I know about the 4:3 and 16:9 and 16:10 issues. I think for now 10.1" mirrors net book screen size. Better for me than the 7" 16:9. I think the 14.1" 16:9 I have that on laptop gives you the viewing size of your 4:3 you seek.

New specs:
This is an NVIDIA Tegra 2-based 10-inch (1024X600) tablet running Android 2.2 aka "Froyo" (short for frozen yogurt). The device also has 1GB of system memory, 16GB of Flash storage (expandable to 32GB), a 1.3MP webcam, USB port, Mini HDMI, 802.11n Wireless and Bluetooth 2.1.

Video (Wow Factor 100%) Viewsonic G Tablet from Viewsonic rep at show
Viewsonic G

I can go buy one right now. Every Sears are out them. Price is only $20 off the original price of $399. MSRP is $429.

Last edited by tipstir; 11-03-2010 at 01:13 PM.
Old 11-03-2010, 01:16 PM   #9
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipstir View Post
Look at the video and tell me what you think?
I think it's too much money. $350 for a Galaxy Tab - $300 for a ViewSonic - $250 for a Nook Color.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 06:44 PM   #10
tipstir
Coby MID7015 Tablet Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
I think it's too much money. $350 for a Galaxy Tab - $300 for a ViewSonic - $250 for a Nook Color.
I agree with you on that one. Too much money and when the other store vendors start selling it I am sure it will be cheaper. I don't like the misleading info posted on SEARS saying it's 1GB of RAM and it's really 512MB. Flash is not working I heard by some members. So this one shows promise but it still needs to be worked out. Coby KYROS I have that one with the tweaks it still okay better than Maylong M-150 I just got and I am not happy with that one. Which is just another ePad but the connector can't be use with the 30-pin USB to PC that you use with ipod/itouch/iphone/ipad to a PC. To packaging in the box is poor. When I got it today from UPS it was rattling like something was broken in the box.

This is way