Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-15-2012, 05:27 PM   #31
JohnTRN
Enthusiast
JohnTRN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JohnTRN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JohnTRN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JohnTRN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JohnTRN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JohnTRN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JohnTRN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JohnTRN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JohnTRN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JohnTRN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JohnTRN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by sucah View Post
Set the language in setting to 'English (United Kingdom)', the time will show in 24hour.
I know this is an old post, but it was one of the first that popped up when I Googled "Kindle 24 Hour Time". Perfect answer. I've used the 24H clock for over 30 years and highly prefer it. Never a question about WHICH 11 O'Clock is being referred to. Funny story, my son was recently scheduled for an MRI of his ankle. Receptionist told us 9 O'Clock. Well, that's what we heard anyway. Turns out it was not 9AM, but rather 9PM - on a Friday night! Had it been 2100 Hours vs. 0900 Hours . . .

So, if either of you should read this, Kudos to Oletros & sucah! My Kindle 4 is now on 24H Clock. I've always been a 'Happy Kindle Owner', now, I'm a bit happier!

jT
JohnTRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:42 PM   #32
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Oops, removed because I did not see the other pages, so this was already answered.

...can't find the strike-through...
I have two PWs: one is set up in German as the operating language and the 24h clock apears to be the standard on it. Try setting it up as British English or some other English of a region where they use the 24 clock as a standard.

Last edited by xendula; 11-15-2012 at 09:48 PM.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote