Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 01-05-2010, 02:46 PM   #1
dmikov
Addict
dmikov has learned how to read e-booksdmikov has learned how to read e-booksdmikov has learned how to read e-booksdmikov has learned how to read e-booksdmikov has learned how to read e-booksdmikov has learned how to read e-booksdmikov has learned how to read e-booksdmikov has learned how to read e-books

Device: REB1200; REB2150; Sony 500/350; EZReader; IREX DR800SG; Nook/Color
Is Astak support on vacation or just stopped support?

I am calling second week, and cannot get the person to answer the phone.
Last week being very busy at work (covering for all taking vacations), I couldn't leave call back number, this week I did same result - silence. Did anybody else had this problem with abysmal support response times?
The reader is a brick, bulb is flashing screen is dead, I know it's a common problem and then there was another common problem with paint that hit me as well.
People who reported these problems what resolution you were able to achieve?
How long do I have to deal with this lemon?
dmikov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 02:58 PM   #2
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
This week many of the Astak folks are at CES.

Have you fully charged your device? The first time it runs out of juice can be worrying, because not much seems to work. In such cases, if you charge it with the wall adapter it will reboot when the battery has partially charged.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-05-2010, 03:00 PM   #3
dmikov
Addict
dmikov has learned how to read e-booksdmikov has learned how to read e-booksdmikov has learned how to read e-booksdmikov has learned how to read e-booksdmikov has learned how to read e-booksdmikov has learned how to read e-booksdmikov has learned how to read e-booksdmikov has learned how to read e-books

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
This week many of the Astak folks are at CES.

Have you fully charged your device? The first time it runs out of juice can be worrying, because not much seems to work. In such cases, if you charge it with the wall adapter it will reboot when the battery has partially charged.
Oh yeah, put it on wall charge fro 2 days.
Old 01-05-2010, 03:09 PM   #4
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmikov View Post
Oh yeah, put it on wall charge fro 2 days.
Check an make sure the battery is plugged in ok. It may be a bad battery so I you can measure the battery you might find out. The act of unplugging and replugging the battery may reset it so it is worth trying. Hopefully Astak will get back to you this week but CES is the full week.

It should power up when under external power if the battery is in place and even a little bit of charge.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 09:16 AM   #5
dmikov
Addict

Well 2 emails, 5 phone calls later, and 2 weeks with dead book, I can honestly say Astak does not care for the customer.
Does anybody know what my resolution could be, as I was asking it before. I do remember thread like that here before. No I don't mean technical, I tried everything.
Did you report it to Better Business Bureau for not honoring warranty or is there some other way?
Advert
Old 01-09-2010, 12:21 PM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
They all (the people who answer phones and can talk to Customers ) are probably at the CES in Las Veges. They are not a Monster sized company like Sony who have more Managers on a single floor, than Astak has US employees

RobertB said he would be gone from these pages for the duration of the show.
They will help, just sit tight till the CES dust settles.

FWIW When my Kitchenaid dishwasher broke down under Warranty, they told me it would be 7 BUSINESS (9 calender) days before someone could come out and look at my 2 year old $700 dishwasher.
(I do not live in the boonies, no excuse for that much delay).

The front panel buttons are intermittent. I found the parts, $350. Just for the Parts
I will never buy a Kitchenaid again
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 11:21 PM   #7
warpwar
warpwar began at the beginning.

Device: Astak EZReader Pocket Pro
just keep trying, even without the ces thing it took 2 emails & phone calls to get a hold of them.
warpwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 11:57 AM   #8
dmikov
Addict

Well 3 weeks later I got my RMA number, but no address to ship it to. Now another round of unanswered call and emails to find out address.
Anybody knows it? Last time with paint issues, I had a UPS label sent to me, so don't have any record of address.
Old 01-22-2010, 01:36 PM   #9
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
I am on here every day and want to help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmikov View Post
Well 3 weeks later I got my RMA number, but no address to ship it to. Now another round of unanswered call and emails to find out address.
Anybody knows it? Last time with paint issues, I had a UPS label sent to me, so don't have any record of address.
Dear dmikov:

Are you calling 1-866-368-8788? I am very sorry if I missed your post. You could always send me a PM on here.

I work for Astak and I get problems solved. Instead of becoming frustrated... let us get this done!! Send me a private message on this forum and I will give you my personal email address!

Yes, we were at CES from January 4-11! We are not a huge company and almost every person we have was needed to man the booth!

The address is: 1911 Hartog Drive, San Jose, California 95131. Calm down please! Let us get you happy!

If you phone call we are open Monday-Friday, 9:00 a.m.-7:00 p.m. PDT.

I do not know how you got an RMA number without the address and that is not right!! I do apologize for that!
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 01:43 PM   #10
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Mr. Ducks and kitchenaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
They all (the people who answer phones and can talk to Customers ) are probably at the CES in Las Veges. They are not a Monster sized company like Sony who have more Managers on a single floor, than Astak has US employees

RobertB said he would be gone from these pages for the duration of the show.
They will help, just sit tight till the CES dust settles.

FWIW When my Kitchenaid dishwasher broke down under Warranty, they told me it would be 7 BUSINESS (9 calender) days before someone could come out and look at my 2 year old $700 dishwasher.
(I do not live in the boonies, no excuse for that much delay).

The front panel buttons are intermittent. I found the parts, $350. Just for the Parts
I will never buy a Kitchenaid again
Dear the Ducks:

I replaced all my appliances over the years with Kitchenaid. Bad idea. When the refrigerator went down I called a repairman. He said Kitchenaid is a bad brand and has weak panels and buttons. I bought a new GE PRO and that has been fine!

Hey, California is getting so much rain we are floating away!! It is good weather for Ducks!! Where are you?
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote