Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 03-04-2009, 03:16 PM   #1
rblocker
rblocker began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 1
Thumbs down Newbie looking for ability to use non-Kindle ebooks on the Kindle

Hello all,
My name is Rick Blocker and I am having a wonderful time with my Kindle. There are a few books not available on the kindle but available elsewhere. If they are DRM'd, I cannot use them. I am able to convert non-DRM'd files to Kindle compatible. Also, I am about to buy my wife a Kindle 2 but want her to be able to read the books I have already uploaded but on her new Kindle. Any idea's there. Thanks

rblocker
rblocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 03:33 PM   #2
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi rblocker and welcome to the Forum. You can register more than one Sony to the same account. Perhaps you can do the same with the Kindle
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-04-2009, 03:33 PM   #3
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
You can convert the Kindle's serial number into a Mobipocket PID, and then you are able to read DRMed Mobipocket files on your Kindle by regsitering that PID with the on-line store you buy from.

I believe that several Kindles can register with a single Amazon account, and thereby all have access to the books purchased with that account.

Non-Amazon eBooks will need to be copied manually to the new Kindle, just like for the old one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rblocker View Post
Hello all,
My name is Rick Blocker and I am having a wonderful time with my Kindle. There are a few books not available on the kindle but available elsewhere. If they are DRM'd, I cannot use them. I am able to convert non-DRM'd files to Kindle compatible. Also, I am about to buy my wife a Kindle 2 but want her to be able to read the books I have already uploaded but on her new Kindle. Any idea's there. Thanks

rblocker
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 11:25 AM   #4
rblocker
rblocker began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 1
I have downloaded python 3.0 along with the Kindlepid.py script but cannot get it to run. I have tried Python Launcher but it does not allow me to add the Kindle serial number. If possible on the MAC can you give me step by step instructions on how to run this? The Python app and all the scripts are in /Applications/'Python 3.0'

Thanks
rblocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 11:28 AM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by rblocker View Post
I have downloaded python 3.0 along with the Kindlepid.py script but cannot get it to run. I have tried Python Launcher but it does not allow me to add the Kindle serial number. If possible on the MAC can you give me step by step instructions on how to run this? The Python app and all the scripts are in /Applications/'Python 3.0'

Thanks
You'll need to uninstall Python 3.0 and install Python 2.5.x or Python 2.6.x from http://www.python.org. You cannot use Python 3.0 to run MobiDeDRM.py. It's also possible that kindlepid.py won't work with Python 3.0 as well.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-06-2009, 11:28 AM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
It is against site policy to provide detailed information on DRM removal. Sorry.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drm kindle