Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-13-2008, 07:49 PM   #1
BRubble
BRubble began at the beginning.

Device: Sony
Can I Create New Content?

I recently purchased a sony reader. I am disappointed, that the device only allows me to read materials from the Sony site. I discovered this site in an attempt to know if its possible to create new paper that will be compatiable with the divice? do any know if it's possible to import external sources into the divice?
BRubble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 08:23 PM   #2
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Brubble, of course it is possible.
I have moved txt, rtf and doc files onto my reader. I also convert a lot of material into lrf. There are lots of links here to free conversion programs (Book Designer is the one that I use most).

And our book upload section is evidence that lots of people have made successful conversions.
I suggest that you ask for advice in the main Sony reader forum. People are more likely to see your posts.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-20-2008, 10:23 AM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I've moved this out of one of the eBook uploads to a more appropriate place.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 10:36 AM   #4
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
I have over 200 books for my Sony and not one of them came from the Sony site, in fact I've not even installed the Sony software. Plenty of free ebook sites online, including the great library here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRubble View Post
I recently purchased a sony reader. I am disappointed, that the device only allows me to read materials from the Sony site. I discovered this site in an attempt to know if its possible to create new paper that will be compatiable with the divice? do any know if it's possible to import external sources into the divice?
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote