Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 10-29-2011, 03:43 PM   #1
daviddakota
daviddakota began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Wifi (maybe...)
Decent Google Books E-Reader

Hi all

I am looking at an e-reader with good integration with Google Books - specifically the bookmark syncing. I'm quite happy using other devices to read in the dark evenings, but during the day time, they're pretty poor (glare).

I was looking at the Sony Reader, but it doesn't seem to meet my requirements.

Any thoughts?
daviddakota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 10:37 PM   #2
spellbanisher
Guru
spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle keyboard, kindle fire hd, S4, Nook hd+
You might want to check out the Iriver Story, which is kind of the official google ebook reader.

http://books.google.com/help/ebooks/ereader.html
spellbanisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-30-2011, 07:47 PM   #3
daviddakota
daviddakota began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Wifi (maybe...)
I am not a big fan of the Iriver's style, anything else?
daviddakota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 01:08 PM   #4
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
You requirements are too clear. Are you looking for an eInk device or just small tablet device that can sync with Google books?

Right now sync is not supported across different companies. Sync can only be done withing the app of the company. For instance all kindles support sync but only amongst kindles. Google, SONY, B&N are the same.

That said the previous poster suggested the iRiver because that is the only eReader with eInk that supports google books.

If you just want a bigger screen and are willing to read off an LCD screen any Android base tablet will work.

However if you want an eInk screen you really have two choices. The iRiver or root an Android base eInk like(nook touch or the Sony Reader). Both of those devices have been rooted and have methods to install the Google Reader app.

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote