Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 03-25-2011, 06:27 AM   #1
Shaun Jeffrey
Connoisseur
Shaun Jeffrey rocks like Gibraltar!Shaun Jeffrey rocks like Gibraltar!Shaun Jeffrey rocks like Gibraltar!Shaun Jeffrey rocks like Gibraltar!Shaun Jeffrey rocks like Gibraltar!Shaun Jeffrey rocks like Gibraltar!Shaun Jeffrey rocks like Gibraltar!Shaun Jeffrey rocks like Gibraltar!Shaun Jeffrey rocks like Gibraltar!Shaun Jeffrey rocks like Gibraltar!Shaun Jeffrey rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kindle
The Kult

Soon to be released as a film, The Kult

People are predictable. That's what makes them easy to kill.

Detective Chief Inspector Prosper Snow is in charge of an investigation into a serial killer called The Oracle who turns his victims into macabre works of art. But Prosper harbours a dark secret of his own. He and his old school friends were members of a group called The Kult who made a pact to dish out their own form of vengeance on bullies. Now a member of the group puts their friendship to the test when he makes a far darker request: that they murder someone that raped his wife.

To get away with murder, the friends decide to blame it on The Oracle, but events take a chilling turn when the instigator turns up dead, his body fashioned into a disturbing work of art. Now, one by one, the members of The Kult are being hunted down.

Just when Prosper thinks things can't get any worse, his wife is kidnapped and he knows that if he goes to his colleagues for help, he risks his dark deeds being unearthed. If he doesn't, he risks losing all that he holds dear.

“With Kult, Shaun Jeffrey hits one out of the park with this creepy, character-driven thriller that starts with a jolt, stays in the fast lane, and plunges into the darkest territory of the human mind. It’s a bumpy ride through nightmare country.” --Jonathan Maberry, multiple Bram Stoker Award-winning author of PATIENT ZERO and PUNISHER: NAKED KILL

"Jeffrey, one of horror's rising young stars, has really hit his stride with THE KULT. Part mystery, part police procedural, part horror story, it's one thrilling ride. Jeffrey had me guessing at the killer's identity half a dozen times, and the reveal, when it finally came, knocked me over. You don't want to miss this one!" --Nate Kenyon, author of THE REACH and THE BONE FACTORY

"The Kult is a creeping stalk through a shadowy labyrinth of thrills and
terror. Shaun Jeffrey delivers a pulse-pounding novel of superb skill
and unequivocal horror. Fans of many genres should be ready to embrace one of the brightest new talents on the scene today." -- Jon F. Merz author of PARALLAX and the Lawson Vampire novels.

Last edited by Shaun Jeffrey; 09-03-2011 at 07:44 AM. Reason: new cover
Shaun Jeffrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 03:32 AM   #2
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
I thought this one was already released... I read it a while ago...

It's good, and certainly worth a read... I could hardly put it down.
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 03:59 AM   #3
Shaun Jeffrey
Connoisseur
Shaun Jeffrey rocks like Gibraltar!Shaun Jeffrey rocks like Gibraltar!Shaun Jeffrey rocks like Gibraltar!Shaun Jeffrey rocks like Gibraltar!Shaun Jeffrey rocks like Gibraltar!Shaun Jeffrey rocks like Gibraltar!Shaun Jeffrey rocks like Gibraltar!Shaun Jeffrey rocks like Gibraltar!Shaun Jeffrey rocks like Gibraltar!Shaun Jeffrey rocks like Gibraltar!Shaun Jeffrey rocks like Gibraltar!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lene1949 View Post
I thought this one was already released... I read it a while ago...

It's good, and certainly worth a read... I could hardly put it down.
Thanks, Lene. Yes, it was previously published, but the publisher has gone bankrupt so I got the rights back and re-released it. I'm hoping that the film, which was shot last year, is released this year (I know they're looking for a distributor for it) so I wanted the novel back out there for if that happens
Old 03-26-2011, 10:11 AM   #4
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
Will your books be made available at Smashwords?
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 11:48 AM   #5
Shaun Jeffrey
Connoisseur

Yes: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/48934
Old 04-02-2011, 04:20 AM   #6
Shaun Jeffrey
Connoisseur

The book is always better than the film. Isn't that what they always say? In this case, I hope that's so.

"Jeffrey, one of horror's rising young stars, has really hit his stride with THE KULT. Part mystery, part police procedural, part horror story, it's one thrilling ride. Jeffrey had me guessing at the killer's identity half a dozen times, and the reveal, when it finally came, knocked me over. You don't want to miss this one!" --Nate Kenyon, author of THE REACH and THE BONE FACTORY

"The Kult is a satisfying read that digs its bloody hooks in from the first sentence and drags the reader through its pages at a velocity far exceeding that of lesser novels." -- Dark Scribe Magazine

"The tension in this story is beyond anything I’ve read before, really intense and edge-of-your seat reading with the plot seeming to turn with every page." -- Book Chick City

"Shaun Jeffrey has written a cracking good story that I really enjoyed reading and I highly recommend it to other crime thriller fans." -- Booklore

"If you decide to read The Kult (which you should!), make sure you block out an entire weekend strictly for reading because you won’t be able to put it down once you’ve started!" -- Fatally Yours

"The Kult is a gripping read that’s part horror, part mystery, part police procedural, and completely in-your-face." -- Musings of an All Purpose Monkey
Old 04-15-2011, 03:14 AM   #7
Shaun Jeffrey
Connoisseur

They're now working on the soundtrack for the film, so it's getting closer to being finished. Obviously I can't wait to see it
Old 04-15-2011, 06:59 AM   #8
mr ploppy
Feral Underclass
mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2nd hand paperback
It sounds vaguely familiar for some reason. Is it set in England?
mr ploppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 07:01 AM   #9
Shaun Jeffrey
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr ploppy View Post
It sounds vaguely familiar for some reason. Is it set in England?
The book is set in England, but the film is set in the US.
Old 04-24-2011, 07:37 AM   #10
Shaun Jeffrey
Connoisseur

Now that the film is almost finished I have reduced the eBook price by 50% to celebrate
Old 04-25-2011, 12:10 PM   #11
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Congrats on the film made from your book. I can only imagine your anticipation of how well they've created a visual representation of your work.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 12:24 PM   #12
Shaun Jeffrey
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
Congrats on the film made from your book. I can only imagine your anticipation of how well they've created a visual representation of your work.
Thanks. There are changes to the book but as you say, I can't wait to see the story brought to life.
Old 04-25-2011, 02:00 PM   #13
Bikeridr
Information Acquirer
Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 International, Pocketbook Color
Bought "The Kult" and "Dead Man's Eye" off of Smashwords.
Hopefully I manage to read it/them before I see the movie(s).
(My TBR-list is growing much faster than my RC-list (Reading Completed))
Bikeridr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 04:44 PM   #14
Shaun Jeffrey
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikeridr View Post
Bought "The Kult" and "Dead Man's Eye" off of Smashwords.
Hopefully I manage to read it/them before I see the movie(s).
(My TBR-list is growing much faster than my RC-list (Reading Completed))
Thank you very much. Hope you enjoy them
Old 04-25-2011, 06:06 PM   #15
TobyT
Writer of scary things.
TobyT knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'TobyT knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'TobyT knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'TobyT knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'TobyT knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'TobyT knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'TobyT knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'TobyT knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'TobyT knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'TobyT knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'TobyT knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle for PC
Hey, Shaun - you rock! Hope your movie kicks some serious monetary ass!
TobyT is offline   Reply With Quote