Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 01-27-2011, 07:37 PM   #1
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
[GUI Plugin] Clipboard Search

This plugin offers several shortcuts to execute a Calibre search using whatever text is on the clipboard (Windows shortcut keys shown).

I mostly use it when browsing the web and spot an author or title that I want to see if I already have in Calibre. Copy the web text to the clipboard, switch focus to Calibre then hit Ctrl+S (or it's alternative).

It can also be handy when resolving duplicates within Calibre as you can select the title of the book and do Ctrl+C, Ctrl+S to execute a search on it (the Calibre built-in "Similar search" option does not include titles as an option). Likewise it can also offer a fast way to help find authors that differ in minor ways such as spaces between initials, names reversed etc.

Main Features:
  • Ctrl+S - Execute a text search (no quotes around clipboard text)
  • Ctrl+Shift+S - Execute an exact text search (adds "" around clipboard text)
  • Customizable keyboard shortcuts and toolbar button default action

Special Notes:
Paypal Donations:
  • If you find this or any of my other plugins useful please feel free to show your appreciation. I have spent many hundreds of unpaid hours in their development and support so any encouragement for me to continue is appreciated!
Attached Files
File Type: zip Clipboard Search.zip (124.5 KB, 104 views)

Last edited by kiwidude; 03-16-2024 at 11:06 PM. Reason: New version
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 07:32 PM   #2
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

v1.1 Released

A relatively minor update as it's a fairly basic plugin. You should however uninstall the previous version if you have it as I have renamed the plugin from "Search From Clipboard" to "Clipboard Search". Takes up less room on the toolbar with a shorter name!

Changes in v1.1:
  • Renamed from "Search From Clipboard" to "Clipboard Search"
  • Shortcut keys now configurable via preferences dialog
  • Added images in case user decides to add this plugin to their toolbar or context menu
  • Customize the default action when toolbar button is clicked
  • Rewritten internally to be consistent with other recent plugin updates of mine
Advert
Old 04-03-2011, 11:22 AM   #3
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer

v1.2 Released

Changes in v1.2:
  • Rewritten for new plugin infrastructure in Calibre 0.7.53
Old 04-09-2011, 08:52 PM   #4
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer

v1.2.1 Released

Changes in this release:
  • Support skinning of icons by putting them in a plugin name subfolder of local resources/images
Old 09-11-2011, 06:14 AM   #5
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer

v1.3.0 Released

Changes in this release:
  • Support centralised keyboard shortcuts introduced in Calibre 0.8.14

As with most of my plugins over the next week or two, this release is to remove any shortcut configuration that used to be hard-coded into this plugin and instead delegate it to the Preferences->Keyboard functionality in Calibre that was added recently.
Advert
Old 08-05-2014, 01:43 AM   #6
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Beta for calibre change to Qt5

FYI, I am not kiwidude and this isn't my plugin. But I'm trying to help out by porting some of the plugins while kiwidude is busy.

Attached is a test version that should work for both the existing 1.X calibre and the upcoming 2.X version calibre. 2.x will use PyQt5 which requires changes to virtually all plugins.

This version needs to be tested with the existing calibre.

Brave souls to test with with the beta 2.X version would also be appreciated. Links to the 2.X beta are in Beta testers for calibre 2.0 needed. The discussion of the transition for plugins can be see at: Attn plugin developers: calibre moving to Qt 5.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Clipboard Search-qt5.zip (31.3 KB, 657 views)
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 12:50 AM   #7
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Is anyone out there?

Has anyone tested the ported version? Or is no one using this plugin and it can be put to rest?
Old 08-12-2014, 02:05 AM   #8
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@davidfor - I don't use it, them that do may not visit MR too often.

I'll do a few cursory tests on Win 64-bit 1.48 and 1.205 portable.

BR

psst : Import Lisp [sic]
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 03:02 AM   #9
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post

Thanks, that will help. I'm not expecting any problems, but I would like at least one confirmation.
Quote:
BR

I keep hoping someone else will do that one.
Old 08-12-2014, 03:36 AM   #10
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:

BR
Done - no problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Thanks, that will help. I'm not expecting any problems, but I would like at least one confirmation.

Quote:
I keep hoping someone else will do that one.
I had a feeling that one might be be one of the trickier ones.

BR
Old 03-27-2020, 04:08 AM   #11
mrkalle
mrkalle began at the beginning.

Global shortcut for clipboard text search

Is there a way to use a global shortcut for the clipboard text search?
mrkalle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 04:30 AM   #12
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
whats clipboard text search?? If you want to search for the text currently in the clipboard, press / and then press Ctrl+V
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 06:36 AM   #13
BetterRed
null operator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkalle View Post
Some clipboard managers have such thing for searching clipboard history.

BR
Old 03-27-2020, 06:39 AM   #14
mrkalle
mrkalle began at the beginning.

Thanks--the clipboard search is implemented in this plugin:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=118765
(I didn't remember that it was a plugin I had installed--my bad)
mrkalle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 06:56 AM   #15
BetterRed
null operator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkalle View Post
Moderator Notice
I moved you thread into the plugin's thread

The plugin has these shortcuts :

Click image for larger version

Name:	Annotation 2020-03-27 215053.jpg
Views:	421
Size:	112.5 KB
ID:	177959

What others do you need?

BR