Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-13-2014, 09:00 AM   #226
csm_walkabout
csm_walkabout began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite
Quick vote of encouragement: KPW2 running 5.4.2.1 installed duokan latest version and it works - install stalled with update error 4 but after restart installed to completion and ran, registered on website and installed update - all working so far. Using kindlets & kual menu to switch in and out.

Trick to changing language is: press the home button at the bottom left, then press gear button bottom right. Select middle button at top (is the system menu) and change to page 2 and the first drop down is the language button: choose english. Then press the home button and all the menus should change... booting back to kindle is by way of the switch drop down on page one of the same (central) menu block (item 2)

Hope that helps some one...
csm_walkabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 09:30 PM   #227
xflyboy
xflyboy began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2013
csm_walkabout
Mate, could you please clarify what you said above coz i can not do it, nor by KUAL Launcher nor by UPDATE. Have the Update Error: 4.

Regards.
xflyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-12-2014, 04:06 PM   #228
tees42
tees42 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
1 One reason why I installed duokan was the support for directories. In the kindle3 that I have the directory structure is flat so contents of subdirectories are treated as elements of the parent directory. It seems that this is also true of duokan. So, I have a directory for the books by Peter Abrahams (called Abrahams, Peter) and in that directory I have a subdirectory called Echo Falls (the name of a series of books that he wrote). When I sort by directories I see an entry for Echo Falls but it shows 0 files. The files I put in the Echo Falls subdirectory show up later in the directory listing for Abrahams, Peter. This is not what I want. I am on the 2014 release of duokan. Have I missed something?

2 People talk about weekly (or some similar regularities) updates to duokan and even about downloading them over the duokan wireless link. Where do I get them from?
tees42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 04:13 PM   #229
tees42

1 Solved it. It seems that duokan creates a directory for each book. I don't know what it contains but I made the mistake of putting that in the subdirectory without also putting the book in! Naturally I assumed the book was in this directory (duh!).
Old 08-12-2014, 09:49 PM   #230
Glorfindel
Force-Aware Elf
Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 w/SO
For 2 you can check for updates from the system menu IIRC
Glorfindel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-13-2014, 08:49 AM   #231
tees42

Thank you for that information.

Does duokan index files the way Kindle did?
Old 08-13-2014, 12:58 PM   #232
Glorfindel
Force-Aware Elf
Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 w/SO
for searching? I would think so, I have no idea though
Glorfindel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 01:18 PM   #233
mcchieftan
mcchieftan began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4
html tags in stardict dictionary with Duokan [SOLVED]

So I spent the best part of 5 hours this afternoon going mad trying to get rid of the html tags a French stardict dictionary for my girlfriend. I don't know if this will work for everyone but no harm in trying. I'm not an active member here so please feel free to repost this elsewhere if there are other people with the same problem. Love!

1. Download StarDictPortableEditor here :https://code.google.com/p/stardict-3....paf.exe&can=2

2. Install and run: StarDictEditorPortable.exe

3. Click the Decompile/Verify tab and browse to your stardict dictionary's .ifo file. Click decompile.

4. Download pyglossary here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/pygl...atest/download

(you may need to install this too to get the GUI to work: http://www.pygtk.org/downloads.html)

5. Download and install Python 2 (https://www.python.org/ftp/python/2....thon-2.7.8.msi)

6. Extract pyglossary, navigate to the \scr directory and double click pyglossary.pyw.

7. in Pyglossary go to the "Preferences" tab and make sure "Remove tags after loading" is checked

8. Return to the "Convert" tab and browse to the .txt document that you decompiled from your dictionary earlier.

9. Hit load (and pray)

10. In the field "Write to format" select "StarDict (ifo)" and click convert (keeping an eye on where the output is going)

11. Copy and paste the output files into the appropriate Duokan directory

Please forgive and interrogate me if there are errors in what I've written. Right now I'm exhausted and I'll come back and try to help if anyone responds. In the immediate, rest assured: it is possible!
mcchieftan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 02:22 PM   #234
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
After all of that, when you wake, consider getting a different girlfriend.

- - - - -

Seriously, thanks, someone might need this information.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 10:29 PM   #235
baccilus
Enthusiast
baccilus began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi
I am on Dokan version 0.5.13.7713 Beta1225 on kindle 3 WiFi. Can I update this OTA? If not, how exactly should I update. I don't even remember how I installed it in the first place a long time ago. I had completely forgotton that i have Duokan on my Kindle.
Edit: I figured it out. Had to overwrite the duokan files with the updated version.
I still haven't figured out how to make collections on duokan.

Last edited by baccilus; 07-26-2015 at 02:07 PM.
baccilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 02:17 AM   #236
Li Mike
Li Mike began at the beginning.

Device: kindlewhitepaper2
Although this is China's Kindle development team, but I think they are incompetent because they do not teach their users to open Kindle!
<FROM Jinshan  translation>
Li Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 11:25 AM   #237
Walljumper
Walljumper began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle paperwhite
Question Does it support KUAL?

Kual is not appearing. I need to run python and other KUAL apps. Is there a way to do this in Duokan?
Walljumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 11:57 AM   #238
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walljumper View Post
Kual is not appearing. I need to run python and other KUAL apps. Is there a way to do this in Duokan?
Kual is an "Active Document" -
If Duokan supports Active Documents, then it should, at least, "show up".
Be sure you have the device set to "show all" documents.
Heck, it might even work after you add the Kindlet Jailbreak files.

If it does not -
Then remove Duokan and use the original, factory, firmware.
Add KOReader for document handling rather than Duokan.
OR
Contact the Duokan project to fix whatever is wrong with their "Active Documents".
Old 01-06-2016, 12:25 PM   #239
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
I thought Duokan is an alternative OS... what makes you think they support Active Documents from the stock firmware?

Maybe they have their own terminal app?
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 01:04 PM   #240
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
I thought Duokan is an alternative OS... what makes you think they support Active Documents from the stock firmware?

Maybe they have their own terminal app?
Nothing makes me think it does not.
I simply don't know, which is why I wrote: "If ..."

Tags
duokan, faq, kindle