Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-28-2010, 12:54 AM   #1
notatoad
Enthusiast
notatoad began at the beginning.

Device: Graphite Kindle 3G
Did i get a dud kindle?

my battery life certainly isn't as amazing as i was led to believe it would be. after the last full charge and then about a week of reading with the wireless off, i turned on the wireless and it had the low battery exclamation mark icon. i did read a lot during that week (1.5 Song of Ice and Fire books) but it still seems like less than advertised. i haven't tried leaving wireless on, but i doubt it would last 2 weeks like they say it would. i've already had to charge it 4 or 5 times since i got it on sept 12.

should i send it back?
notatoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 01:18 AM   #2
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, Ipad, Iphone, Nexus and PPW
Is it stuck on indexing your books? Type in goobledook like xdsndbw and see if it is still indexing. If so, delete the book and redownload it. I think this Kindle 3 model takes a week or so to sort itself out for some reason.
Pushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-28-2010, 01:39 AM   #3
notatoad
Enthusiast
notatoad began at the beginning.

Device: Graphite Kindle 3G
no, i've only got like 5 books on it. the only problem is the battery.
notatoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 01:50 AM   #4
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Try going here, scroll to the bottom,. click the "contact us" button on the right, sign into your account, and choose the "call me" feature.

Kindle support will call your right back, and they can troubleshoot for you.

Let us know what they say.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...deId=200503360
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote