Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-22-2009, 04:42 PM   #1
jrsower
jrsower began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Where can I find this Kindle book?

The Dragonlance Chronicles by Hickman and Weis. particularly Dragons of Autumn Twilight.

I saw on another forum that someone had recently added it to their Kindle but I can't find it anywhere.

Sorry for the newb question.

Jrsower
jrsower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 05:07 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrsower View Post
The Dragonlance Chronicles by Hickman and Weis. particularly Dragons of Autumn Twilight.

I saw on another forum that someone had recently added it to their Kindle but I can't find it anywhere.

Sorry for the newb question.

Jrsower
I cannot find the series as a legal eBook. My guess is this person got it from the darknet.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-22-2009, 06:17 PM   #3
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillipA82 View Post
No, they want the "kindle" version......
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 02:00 AM   #4
animedude01
Addict
animedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheese

Device: DR1000S, ILIAD2, Nokia n900, Kindle for PC, Astak EZReader Pro
AddALL couldn't find a digital version in any of its databases, so my guess is that there isn't a legal digital version.

I've poked around a bit and couldn't find a legal version, but lots of pirated ones.

One option that I use is to buy a used copy of the physical books and then download digital copies from the Internet. I consider it format shifting as I have legal copies of the physical books. As long as you have the physical copies it shouldn't be considered stealing.

My $0.02 worth.
animedude01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 05:39 AM   #5
jrsower
jrsower began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Thanks. A bit more help?

Okay. I'm new to this whole thing. I'm an American living overseas and trying to figure this whole kindle thing out. What is darknet? And where would I go to find a digtal copy I can buy? I found the text of the book online but can only read it on the computer. Can't download to my kindle.
jrsower is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-23-2009, 11:00 AM   #6
animedude01
Addict
animedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheese

Device: DR1000S, ILIAD2, Nokia n900, Kindle for PC, Astak EZReader Pro
Darknet is a closed network where people share files. See this Wikipedia article.

Right now, there are no legal digital copies of the series. That means you can't buy it, no matter how much you want to spend money!

First, send an e-mail or better yet an e-mail and a physical letter (those are much harder to ignore) and let the publisher know that you want an electronic version of the books to read on an e-reader.

After that, what some people do is buy a physical copy of the books and then download an electronic copy from a file sharing site. When the digital copies simply aren't available, people will do this and consider it format shifting as they own legal copies. It's a gray area but many feel that it's morally and legally acceptable when the digital format is unavailable. The key is to make sure you have the physical copies you purchased.

Now, actually giving you step-by-step instructions on how you can grab a copy and from where is against the forum rules.

There are, however, plenty of instructions all over the Internet so a bit of Google-fu should get you there.

As to general instructions on how to get documents other than Amazon's own books onto the Kindle you may want to check out the MobileRead Wiki. If you still have specific questions, you can then ask them on the forum.

Hope this helps a bit.
animedude01 is offline   Reply With Quote