Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-13-2009, 09:31 AM   #1
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Kindle 2 froze deleting a book - just before toggling "Delete"

It's frozen with a black bar on the book I attempted to delete. No buttons appear to be functional.

15-20 seconds of holding the power switch did nothing.

I had about 3/4 of a battery charge left.

It's plugged in to AC right now and I'm waiting.

I'll get back with everyone on an update on this.

Any suggestions in the meantime?

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 11:50 AM   #2
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I got it fixed.

HOWEVER, now there's a problem with the "Most Recent First."

How might I fix this? Remember, I live in Peru.

Thanks.

Don
Old 12-13-2009, 12:14 PM   #3
Leep
Guru
Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle1, K3, K3G (thanks MR), iTouch, Kindle Touch
Does your K2 have a reset button under the back cover like the K1 does? Several times that's been the only way I've been able to get my K1 working again.

cheers
Leep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 01:00 PM   #4
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
I got it fixed.

HOWEVER, now there's a problem with the "Most Recent First."

How might I fix this? Remember, I live in Peru.

Thanks.

Don
Unless you have an international Kindle with Whispernet, you'll have to use the USB network hack to get into your K via a PC and reset the internal date in the Linux OS.

Search this forum for "clock" - there are many threads.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 09:02 PM   #5
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leep View Post
Does your K2 have a reset button under the back cover like the K1 does? Several times that's been the only way I've been able to get my K1 working again.

cheers

No, unfortunately. The Kindle 2 does not have a reset.

I have, however, found that if one wants to go to the last page (for example) - and lets say that's page 12, then simply type in 12 and press the joystick button. Inelegant, but it works. I'll be traveling to the U.S. in about 12 days, so I'll turn on whispernet to reset the clock as mentioned by poohbear_nc.

Don
Old 12-18-2009, 11:50 PM   #6
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Don-

Ironically, I just experienced a similar problem this evening - the first on my 10-mo.-old K2. My unit froze and I performed a successful reset -BUT- it resulted in "most recent first" books being added to the last page (18)!

I can confirm the solution by the clock reset method. I enabled Whispernet, performed a sync and all is normal again. So... as soon as you plant your feet on U.S. soil just activate the wireless, sync and you should be set.

Have a safe trip!

-Pat
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote