Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 11-30-2010, 02:16 PM   #1
foghat
Evangelist
foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3
who has read the Cirque du Freak series?

Hi all,

Any opinions on the Cirque du Freak series buy Darren Shan? I believe they are geared towards a younger audience, but I don't care; just looking for some good reading entertainment.

There are something like 12 or 13 books in the series. Wondering if anyone has made it through all of them and what they thought.
foghat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 05:29 PM   #2
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
During summer I read the first three books (omnibus). If I recall correctly the ending of each novel is very open and between the different books things happen that are not explained. Ihe main character irritated me because he was very self-centred although I expect this is intentional.

I liked the movie better, which rolled the first two or three books into one.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-01-2010, 08:53 AM   #3
foghat
Evangelist
foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3
Thanks for the input. I did actually read the first book and thought it was pretty good. Just wondering how the series progresses and if it holds up for 12ish books.

Judging by the number of responses, I guess this isn't all that popular of a series, which I kind of figured.
foghat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 09:20 AM   #4
EtherealWinter
The Omega and Alpha
EtherealWinter began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Everywhere outside of the U.S.A the series is called "The saga of Darren Shan". I've read through the entire series, they're pretty good but I remember the end of the series/last novel wasn't all that good.
EtherealWinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 03:00 PM   #5
ImogenRose
PORTAL
ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, Kindle 3 (3G), iPhone
I preferred the movie version (which is unusual for me).
ImogenRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert