Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 08-20-2012, 09:13 AM   #1
bfollowell
Fanatic
bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 Nook & Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5
Wizards of the Coast - any plans to release backlist titles?

I've been watching with anticipation for some time as Wizards of the Coast releases more ebooks (novels, not game source books) I see some older, backlist titles getting released on occasion but it's really hit or miss. I've looked and really can't seem to find any decent forums on their site in which to ask so I'm hoping to find some fans here that may have some information.

Is anyone aware if WotC has a plan to release most or more of their older titles as ebooks? Just the Forgotten Realms and Dragonlance series alone are missing quite a few older titles.

The most glaring omission to me seems to be the missing anthologies. Listed below are anthologies that were released as part of a series. The rest of the series have been released in ebook format but, for some reason, the anthologies weren't. It seems very strange to release only part a series.

Thanks to anyone that may have more information.

- Byron

Realms of the Deep, edited by Philip Athans (this anthology is part of the Threat from the Sea series)
The Halls of Stormweather, edited by Philip Athans (this anthology is part of the Sembia series)
Realms of Shadow, edited by Lizz Baldwin (this anthology is part of the Return of the Archwizards series)
Realms of the Dragons, edited by Philip Athans (this anthology is part of the Year of Rogue Dragons series)
Realms of the Dragons II, edited by Philip Athans (this anthology is part of the Year of Rogue Dragons series)
Realms of War, edited by Philip Athans (this anthology is part of the Twilight War series)
Realms of the Dead, edited by Susan J. Morris (this anthology is part of the Haunted Lands series)
Realms of the Elves, edited by Philip Athans (this anthology is part of the Last Mythal series)
bfollowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 09:24 AM   #2
teh603
Autism Spectrum Disorder
teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android Phone
I'd be surprised if WotC released ebooks at all.
teh603 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-20-2012, 09:31 AM   #3
bfollowell
Fanatic
bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teh603 View Post
No, they have for quite some time and continue to release everything new as ebooks. Again, look back at my original post. I specifically stated novels, not game source books. The big piracy issue that WotC had, that drove them from releasing pdfs, was related to their game source books. It had absolutely nothing to do with their novels.

- Byron
Old 08-20-2012, 09:49 AM   #4
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by teh603 View Post
Kobo has 194 titles from them...
http://www.kobobooks.com/search/sear...erating&g=both
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 10:12 AM   #5
bfollowell
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Thanks. I have a list of over 400 available from B&N. I'm not really looking for a list of what's available as I have that. I'm looking more for information from anyone that may've heard anything about their publishing strategy/plans, specifically related to their backlist titles. Sort of like how LucasBooks released all of their Star Wars backlist as ebooks last summer and lots of users started posting about it months in advance. Or how TrekLit fans always know the publishing schedule for the coming year by the end of the summer. That sort of thing.

Thanks anyway.
Advert