Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-07-2014, 08:52 PM   #886
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Ixtab recently completed his PhD requirements, so he is probably out looking for either a real job, or a post-doc fellowship with Lab126 Java obfuscation department.
Do you think Amazon will take him?
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 02:05 PM   #887
pantera10684
Enthusiast
pantera10684 began at the beginning.

Device: PW2
5.4.3 PW2 ? Please make for it please? I need it.

Last edited by pantera10684; 04-12-2014 at 09:18 AM.
pantera10684 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-17-2014, 10:47 AM   #888
mthodmn101
mthodmn101 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW
any chance for an update?
mthodmn101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 04:30 PM   #889
donMaranzano
Zealot
donMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 5
I have Kindle Touch 5.3.1 version and could not make it work CM with Calibre. I'm trying to import the kindle collection to Calibre, but calibre says there is no collection. What can I do?
donMaranzano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 12:50 PM   #890
donMaranzano
Zealot
donMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 5
I managed to imported it but when I created a collection from calibre to kindle it's still not visible within the menu in the kindle but Calibre says it's there. What's wrong?
donMaranzano is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-06-2014, 09:22 PM   #891
SingleEyePhotos
SingleEyePhotos began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
Use the zip attached here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...4&postcount=23

Extract to the root of your Kindle Drive. There are two items -- A folder called "update", and a file called "Update_oldupdate_install.bin"
Put the desired update, err, "downdate" into the folder "update".
Update your Kindle manually, from:
Menu ==> Settings ==> Menu ==> Update Your Kindle

I've followed the link above and downloaded the zip file as instructed. However, there are 2 zipped files, the 2nd is being read by my computer as a .gz extension, and it doesn't know what to do with it. I tried putting that whole file into the Updates folder, then following the instructions given, but my PW2 still shows v. 5.4.3. Not sure where I'm supposed to get the 'downdate' to put into the 'update' folder...

Thanks!
SingleEyePhotos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 12:00 AM   #892
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingleEyePhotos View Post
I've followed the link above and downloaded the zip file as instructed. However, there are 2 zipped files, the 2nd is being read by my computer as a .gz extension, and it doesn't know what to do with it. I tried putting that whole file into the Updates folder, then following the instructions given, but my PW2 still shows v. 5.4.3. Not sure where I'm supposed to get the 'downdate' to put into the 'update' folder...

Thanks!
.gz is not the same as zip. The .gz is source code in case you want to compile the hack yourself. All you need is the zip.

The downdate firmware is gotten from Amazon, like usual -- the only trick is instead of putting it in the root of the Kindle, you use the hack to load the firmware.

Since Amazon doesn't link to old firmware, you can download them from here as well: http://ixtab.tk/kindle-touch-updates.php
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 09:58 AM   #893
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@donMaranzano: Read the first post again, my guess is you're skipping some steps (Export in CM -> Import in Calibre; Export in Calibre -> Import in CM. If you break the chain, it doesn't work). (And in case that's not already the case: make sure you're using the tweaked plugin).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 11:34 PM   #894
aldwin
aldwin began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite2
Any chance of this being updated for pw2 5.4.3.2? If not, will I loose any significant features if I find a way to downgrade to 5.4.0?
aldwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 08:09 AM   #895
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by aldwin View Post
Any chance of this being updated for pw2 5.4.3.2?
If not, will I loose any significant features if I find a way to downgrade to 5.4.0?
Maybe, no promises.

Documented in first post.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 10:17 AM   #896
Ffan
Ffan began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Hi guys, so I got a problem. I recently had to delete basically all my stuff (stop framework && sleep 5 && rm -rf /mnt/us/system/* && rm -rf /mnt/us/documents/* && rm -f /var/local/cc.db && start framework) due to a problem with the indexer going crazy. Thanks to the help of kcn1 and NiLuJe I managed to fix it.

Unfortunately that led to another problem it seems. I imported my Kindle collections again via Collection Manager after I put my books back. The problem is now I see them "double". The Kindle shows the collections including the books, but also the books themselves on the homescreen.
I tried deleting all collections and starting over, for the same result. My guess is CM is not "moving" the books but "copying" them, no clue why though. It works if I do it manually in CM, then I can "move" the books into a collection and they're gone from the root directory and no longer show up on the homescreen by themselves. It must be related to the import from Kindle function I would assume.
It worked perfectly before the wipe and was the very reason I went for the JB in the first place. Any help would be very much appreciated on this :-D

Last edited by Ffan; 05-14-2014 at 11:43 AM.
Ffan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 05:25 PM   #897
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@Ffan: Unless I missed something, that's the default behaviour, only when sorting by "Collection" does the Homescreen not display books already belonging to a collection. (at least it used to in pre-Cloud Collections FW. I stopped using collections on those FW, so I can't say if that changed).

And while CM does support 'hiding' stuff from the Homescreen, it never does so automatically when Importing. (And that feature is broken in newish firmwares anyway, cf. the first post).

Last edited by NiLuJe; 05-14-2014 at 05:27 PM.
Old 05-14-2014, 06:55 PM   #898
Ffan
Ffan began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Well now I feel extremly stupid. You are completely right, that's it. I probably set the homescreen to "Collections" when I got it in early 2013 and never bothered with the setting again. I assume it was one of the first things that annoyed me so I changed it, and then went on completely forgetting all about it. Makes me wonder if maybe I'm getting old :P
Thanks again NiLuJe, you made my day ! :-D
Ffan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 06:58 PM   #899
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@Ffan: No worries, you're not the first to be confused by the various filtering behaviours of the Home & Collection screens .
Old 05-16-2014, 09:23 AM   #900
daemon079
daemon079 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (5.4.4.2)
Hi,

I need a version which supports Kindle Paperwhite 5.4.4.2 (2323310003)

Is it possible to build it? Or please tell me what to do.

Thanks in advance
daemon079 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
collections, collections manager, kindle touch hacks