Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-02-2009, 07:30 PM   #1
McDaniels
McDaniels began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Hey guys. Quick question.

Hey everyone. I just registered here. I've had my kindle since christmas and I absolutely love it. It has really made reading much more enjoyable and easier for me.

I have a question for you guys today.

I make use of the music feature of the kindle, as I'm sure many of you do. I have a microphone at my computer that can obviously record my voice. I'm learning web design and what I want to do is record myself stating the different HTML tags, and their functions, and then putting that on my kindle. That way when I go to bed at night I could listen to this as I sleep, so maybe my brain would register that even though I was asleep...

For this to work I need to be able to loop the track. It would be too much of a hassle to make the track 10 hours long, and that would take up too much memory anyway. Does anyone know if it is possible to loop a single track, or to loop your entire library of music on your Kindle?

Thanks.
McDaniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 12:18 PM   #2
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Sorry, I don't use the audio feature, but someone will be along shortly who does and can answer your question.

But, welcome to MobileRead!
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-08-2009, 12:45 PM   #3
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
I think it would completely drain the battery of the Kindle. I think if you are playing "background" music on the Kindle, it might keep going and play it again, but I don't know. Take a small snippet of sound, put it in the "music" folder, and play it. See if it continues to replay it. Also make sure it continues after the Kindle goes to sleep, which it might not.

An old Walkman cassette player would probably work great for this. Most cassette players have a repeat switch that makes it keep playing when it hits the end.
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote