Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 07-14-2013, 11:07 PM   #16
aecardenas
Kafkaesque
aecardenas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aecardenas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aecardenas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aecardenas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aecardenas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aecardenas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aecardenas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aecardenas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aecardenas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aecardenas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aecardenas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkomar View Post
I remember a song called "Exquisite Dead Guy" by They Might Be Giants. Looking it up, it seems to have been inspired by the name of a Surrealist party game called "The Exquisite Corpse". I'm not familiar with the game, but the write-up for the song mentioned something about each guest adding a word to a sentence after only looking at the last few words, and then seeing what evolved afterwards. Does the book have anything to do with the game?
No, the only thing that this book has in common with the Surrealist project is the Title/Name of the book. For Brite, the term "exquisite corpse" takes on a specific meaning filled with dread and horror, which I don't believe the surrealists were trying to achieve with their project.
aecardenas is offline   Reply With Quote