Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 11-01-2013, 05:51 PM   #436
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Did you fianally understand "eyeball MkI" ?

It means, give them a fast look. In Grid view (no Details or Tags showing)you can usually see 15 to 60 (17" mon) covers at a glance. Page down for the next batch. It takes 5 seconds on newer CPU to paint all the covers on the page

Click on a bad one then Tap E to edit (or right click for more options)
Not blazing fast, but that is how I do it
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 07:33 PM   #437
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
I used to use Eyeball Mk1 a great deal in reading mainframe dump files
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-01-2013, 09:23 PM   #438
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
I used to use Eyeball Mk1 a great deal in reading mainframe dump files
some other s/w vendors haven't moved on since then, in another forum the following was recently written

Quote:
I would prefer not see hex dumps of things like zips in preview. If I wanted to look at a zip in hex I'd open it with a suitable program via Open With... But in 30 years of using them I can honestly say I have never wanted to look at the hex representation of a zip file. I stopped doing that sort of thing when I decided back in the 1970's that MVS/SNA didn't have a secure future and I started dabbling in what was happening at places like Bell, Xerox and DEC.
I could relate to that too.

BR

ps : to be fair - there was an option to turn off hex previews

Last edited by BetterRed; 11-01-2013 at 09:28 PM. Reason: add ps
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 01:57 PM   #439
A van Verseveld
A van Verseveld began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-600
Find Duplicates : error first argument must be string

Bug description:
running on imac, latest os version and latest calibre version.
Got this error for quite some time in the find duplicates plugin

calibre, version 1.10.0
FOUT: Niet afgehandelde fout: <b>TypeError</b>:first argument must be string or compiled pattern

calibre 1.10 isfrozen: True is64bit: True
Darwin-13.0.0-x86_64-i386-64bit Darwin ('64bit', '')
('Darwin', '13.0.0', 'Darwin Kernel Version 13.0.0: Thu Sep 19 22:22:27 PDT 2013; root:xnu-2422.1.72~6/RELEASE_X86_64')
Python 2.7.5
OSX: ('10.9', ('', '', ''), 'x86_64')
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.find_duplicates.action", line 191, in toolbar_button_clicked
File "calibre_plugins.find_duplicates.action", line 152, in find_book_duplicates
File "calibre_plugins.find_duplicates.duplicates", line 124, in run_book_duplicates_check
File "calibre_plugins.find_duplicates.book_algorith ms", line 48, in run_duplicate_check
File "calibre_plugins.find_duplicates.book_algorith ms", line 81, in find_candidates
File "calibre_plugins.find_duplicates.book_algorith ms", line 340, in find_candidate
File "calibre_plugins.find_duplicates.matching", line 160, in similar_title_match
File "calibre_plugins.find_duplicates.matching", line 65, in fuzzy_it
File "lib/python2.7/re.py", line 190, in compile
File "lib/python2.7/re.py", line 238, in _compile
TypeError: first argument must be string or compiled pattern
A van Verseveld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 02:28 PM   #440
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
What settings were you using (assumes you got that far)
What version of the find duplicates PI (1.6.1)?

Last edited by theducks; 11-18-2013 at 02:31 PM. Reason: correct pi version #
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-19-2013, 02:28 AM   #441
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by A van Verseveld View Post
Got this error for quite some time in the find duplicates plugin
Moderator Notice
Moved post to Find Duplicates plugin thread.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 08:18 PM   #442
trebor6691
trebor6691 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Behavior change after Manage Authors rename

I do a lot of directory searching because of a large collection of zips that I pour through looking for the few gems I'm missing. Over time, it has become easier at the directory level to use the Author_sort version of lastname, firstname. So, I finally went through my various libraries and used "Manage Authors" to "Copy all author sort values to author". Since then, Find Library Duplicates always return 0 found - even when I can confirm dupes manually. All libraries were renamed the same way, and if I ignore Author, it finds the dupes by name only. Is there any particular plug-in behavior like not recognizing the "," or anything that would be causing a problem? From the looks of it, if I have to change the author back to the normal firstname lastname, this is not a simple button click to reverse, and I would still like to correct the problem I'm currently having first. Thoughts or ideas? Thanks in advance...
trebor6691 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 09:07 PM   #443
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I have a vague recollection of something similar happening when I made a mass change like you've done. Can't recall whether it was Find Duplicates or View Manager with which I had a problem

But I solved it by first removing the plugin and deleting its configuration data, and then reinstalling and reconfiguring it - the FD and VM plugins come from the same author

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 12-25-2013 at 09:12 PM.
Old 12-26-2013, 01:44 AM   #444
trebor6691

I removed, restarted and added back the plugin with the same result. I checked the details when I selected similar title and ignore author and noticed the Target library is substituting " &" where the "," shoud be; ie Clancy & Tom instead of Clancy, Tom like is returned for the current library. Obviously it will never find a match this way.

I am running Calibre 1.16.0 and the newest plugin version 1.6.1 of Find Duplicates. I tried clearing the plugin preferences with the same result. I also tried reversing the compare of libraries with the same behavior on the bad Target author. I've tried multiple libraries, as well. I tested 2 libraries that have not been renamed, and they work correctly, so at least for me the plugin is not handling the rename correctly on the Target library for the author compare.

Last edited by trebor6691; 12-26-2013 at 01:51 AM.
Old 12-26-2013, 07:07 AM   #445
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Did you delete <wherever your configuration data is>/plugins/Find Duplicates.json using your OS

To get to the configuration data - see attachment

Re Author names, changing ',' to '&' etc - I know what works for me, but I have no idea why it works. To my mind that whole can of worms is a black art.

BR
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	282
Size:	33.4 KB
ID:	117221  

Last edited by BetterRed; 12-26-2013 at 07:14 AM.
Old 12-26-2013, 07:50 AM   #446
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
@trebor - if you have chosen to set your library up to be "Last, First" as the default appearance then you should be doing more than just a plain "copy all author sort values to author". You should also make sure that you change your tweak, as per the instruction in this part of the FAQ:
http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq.html#id39

Get your tweak right and then try again. Some of my plugins look in that tweak to detect what type of author sort approach users are applying, I can't remember if this one does or not but you should do it anyway. Otherwise when you add new books to the library they will have their author sort all screwed up.

Other than that I confess to not quite understanding exactly what your issue and setup is. If you can include some screenshots showing a specific example in both databases that may help.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 04:53 PM   #447
trebor6691

I did clear the json file, but had the same result. The tweak is set for "comma" which should be correct if I am understanding the process correctly. If I am bringing them into Author as LN, FN, then the Author Sort will be the same and correct. Currently, both test libraries are set for Author as LN, FN and Author Sort (confirmed in Manage Authors) as LN, FN as well. This gets my OS directory names created as LN, FN (I never found a tweak to adjust the default save as something other than whatever was specified in Author) and keeps the sort order the same. Everything appears to work correctly unless I use the Find Duplicates plugin. If Author is used at all, then no results will return. If title is Similar and Author is ignored, the attached is what I get displayed. This shows that title matches were found by the same author, although the author is not recognizable with what it is looking for in the Target. It appears to be looking for LN & FN instead of LN, FN.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	duplicate sample.jpg
Views:	294
Size:	132.9 KB
ID:	117242  
Old 12-27-2013, 12:58 AM   #448
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor6691 View Post
The tweak is set for "comma" which should be correct if I am understanding the process correctly.
Personally I don't change the default author setting, but according to the manual you may have the tweak wrong, read the Note in the section of the manual linked by Kiwidude.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 02:34 PM   #449
trebor6691

I had tried the tweak note, but since both columns match, it doesn't change anything. Definitely wishing I had not changed the Author to match Author Sort now. Something definitely broke in the Find Duplicates across libraries as a result. I still think it is tied to the results showing & instead of , between the last name and first name as how it appears to be trying to compare, but I have no clue how to fix it. I have over 10k books broken down across 6 primary libraries. If I get access to a new library, it is really nice to just do a quick duplicate compare, then follow with a directory search on what needs to be brought in to my existing libraries. It is going to really suck to have to manually rename Author back acros all the libraries since there is no quick click to do the reverse process.
Old 12-27-2013, 03:25 PM   #450
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

I think the preferences that relate to the author sort must be the same for both libraries - I don't know if any/all of them operate at the library level or if they're all global - but if library A is tweaked for 'comma' and library B for 'sort' maybe the matching would fail, or if the books were added to library A when the setting was 'invert' then...

The interlibrary feature of Find Duplicates works for me, however the way I use it 'guarantees' that the settings for Library B are always the same as Library A.

BR

Tags
cross library duplicates, in library duplicates