Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-02-2023, 03:47 AM   #1
marp68
Addict
marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Collections in reader not working after reinstalling Calibre

Hi
I had to reinstall Calibre after reinstalling Windows. I then just opened the library with all my books. Everything looked fine in Calibre. Before I used My shelves to give the book different genre names (Drama SE, Drama EN, Detective, Psychology, History etc.) and this showed up as collections in my reader. So in my reader I could go to Collections and the books were sorted by genre names.

When I now import a book that is categorized with a genre name in the My shelves column, the book does only show up in Books, not under Collections, even though the genre name category exist and the existing books with the same category name show in Collections.

So even though I gave it a genre name in the My shelves column, this is not reflected in the reader.

Is the error that My shelves in Calibre is not linked to Collections in the reader? How can I solve this? I have completely forgot how I set up My shelves several years ago.

I have turned on Manage metadata automatically, but it didn't work. It does not transfer the My shelves data to reader and store it under Collections.

I also use the column Tags for Genre types.

Last edited by marp68; 11-02-2023 at 03:57 AM.
marp68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2023, 04:13 AM   #2
georgemk
Addict
georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Nia
Just double check your setup to the Wiki page https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kob...nd_Collections to ensure that everything is correct after the re-install.
georgemk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-02-2023, 04:56 AM   #3
marp68
Addict
marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Thanks, I followed the instructions and it worked. Had forgot this. Have now also downloaded the page for future need.
marp68 is offline   Reply With Quote