Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 06-24-2010, 02:39 PM   #121
Schnitzelbrain
Groupie
Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux
Quote:
Originally Posted by nesagwa View Post
Is there a way to make all epubs open with FBReader without doing an Open With on each individual book?

I dont like how the default Adobe reader doesnt let me have any control over typefaces or text size.
Install extensions.cfg from here
It makes fbreader default, but still with the option to use others.
Schnitzelbrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 09:09 PM   #122
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by nesagwa View Post
I dont like how the default Adobe reader doesnt let me have any control over typefaces or text size.
Try the version appropriate to your firmware from here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84033

I set decent margins and dialed in my font of choice: Georgia, which is a tad darker than most. You still can't get rid of the side numbers or the status bar but it does make AdobeViewer less annoying.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-06-2010, 01:27 PM   #123
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
I think I've found a neat trick in one of the russian forum threads.
Quote:
Напоминаю, что словари можно хранить не только во внутренней памяти, но и на карточке (создав папку system\dictionaries и положив словари в неё)
Google Translate + Logseman's Machine-Human Dictionary translate it as:

"I remind you that you can summon your dictionaries from the SD card, provided that you create a system\dictionaries folder there and you move them inside that folder."

Could that idea work with other contents such as themes, language files logos, and so on, provided that you create their corresponding folders inside the SD card?

I've found other neat things like the Encyclopaedia Britannica in its 2009 edition, too. Even if you don't know Russian (just like me), but you have some free time, i recommend you to visit and wander around the PB section of the-ebook.org. It can amount to a lot of interesting content. Here you have a Google Translate-using link. If you visit the site from this link, you'll have every thread you open translated, without the cumbersome Google Translate header above.

Last edited by Logseman; 08-06-2010 at 01:34 PM.
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 11:13 AM   #124
JeanC
Enthusiast
JeanC began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Hello,

I have ordered this PocketBook Pro 602 DG http://www.ebookreaderstore.nl/pocke...dark-grey.html
They say it will be deliverable next monday.
I assume I will be able to do most tricks mentioned here? I am particularly interested in using extensions.cfg to have fbreader as default reader.
Thanks!
JeanC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 11:24 AM   #125
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanC View Post
Hello,

I have ordered this PocketBook Pro 602 DG http://www.ebookreaderstore.nl/pocke...dark-grey.html
They say it will be deliverable next monday.
I assume I will be able to do most tricks mentioned here? I am particularly interested in using extensions.cfg to have fbreader as default reader.
Thanks!
Yep, will work. Please be advised that the page turns per movement might not work at first until somebady has done a little keymap. The rest should work.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-25-2010, 02:36 PM   #126
JeanC
Enthusiast

Great news, thanks, I'm really looking forward to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
Yep, will work. Please be advised that the page turns per movement might not work at first until somebady has done a little keymap. The rest should work.

Last edited by JeanC; 12-04-2010 at 02:38 PM.
Old 12-04-2010, 02:41 PM   #127
JeanC
Enthusiast

Just tried fbreader, renaming it to fbreader180 and using extensions.cfg.
I got 'cannot start program'.

So I guess it's different for the PB 602.

I do hope the PB 602 will get more attention. Documention has some big gaps. I configured the wifi but there's no way to use it. No apps like a browser or such (only games), etc.

The model is not even mentioned officially in the forum.
Old 12-05-2010, 12:18 PM   #128
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:

So I guess it's different for the PB 602.

I do hope the PB 602 will get more attention. Documention has some big gaps. I configured the wifi but there's no way to use it. No apps like a browser or such (only games), etc.

The model is not even mentioned officially in the forum.
Hmm? Of course it has an integrated browser. The fbreader180 is a userbased software and we can't provide technical help for this. And: Aren't we talking about the model right now?????
Old 12-06-2010, 02:53 AM   #129
JeanC
Enthusiast

I don't see a browser. I don't see any app, there are only games.
You can't deny documentation is severly lacking, there are lots of menu entries on the PB 602 that are not documented at all.
I have thousands of questions about the machine, it's use and it's functions and only a volunteer forum to turn to.
Old 12-06-2010, 10:21 AM   #130
mtravellerh
book creator

Quote:
I don't see a browser. I don't see any app, there are only games.
You can't deny documentation is severly lacking, there are lots of menu entries on the PB 602 that are not documented at all.
I have thousands of questions about the machine, it's use and it's functions and only a volunteer forum to turn to.
Well, yes. Documentatin could be better. As for the questions, go ahead. You will always find one friendly soul to help. Btw, I am sales director of PocketBook, so not exactly a volunteer. But thanks for the compliment!
Old 12-18-2010, 03:07 AM   #131
Schnitzelbrain
Groupie
Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux
Quote:

Try:
1. Open the extension.cfg on a PC, what is written in there, fbreader or fbreader180. Rename the FBreader acc entry in the cfg file.
2. U did unzip the fbreader file ? What u install should have the ending .app

@mtravellerh: Dont be so picky "The fbreader180 is a userbased software and we can't provide technical help for this". The success of the Pocketbook is based more or less on the tweaked FBReader.

Last edited by Schnitzelbrain; 12-18-2010 at 03:10 AM.
Schnitzelbrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 02:29 AM   #132
JeanC
Enthusiast

Thanks for your input, though I don't own a pocketbook anymore.
Old 12-24-2010, 10:14 AM   #133
skydive
Addict
skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Pocketbook 902 Ver 2.1.3, Virgin Nook STR & Rooted Nook Color CM7
adding MY OWN Notes on PB902

Hi all!!

I been trying to add my own notes and I can not do it..!!! MAnual us useless

Any help here?

Also: I do not see any browser app installed. Do I have to get one online for the PB902?

thanks
skydive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 01:22 PM   #134
OlivierG
OlivierG began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook 602
About Tip's, do you know if books can be sorted by Author instead of name of book?
OlivierG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 10:03 AM   #135
dpayment
Connoisseur
dpayment will become famous soon enoughdpayment will become famous soon enoughdpayment will become famous soon enoughdpayment will become famous soon enoughdpayment will become famous soon enoughdpayment will become famous soon enough

Device: PocketBook Pro 902, EB-1150, PRS505, PRS700, Jetbook, Hanlin V3, Kobo
Question extensions.cfg and Pocketbook 902

I'm trying to make the new version of fbreader for PocketBook the default for my 902, which by the way, I absolutely love! I've followed all the instructions, except, where the instruction says to paste the extensions.cfg file into the X:\system\config directory, there's no such thing on my device. The only config directories I can find are either X:\system\profiles\Dan or X:\system\profiles\default. Is it one of these that I'm supposed to use, and if so, which one? I'm very nervous about "experimenting" with the 902, I REALLY don't want to "brick" it. Somebody help, please?

Thanks in advance,
Dan
dpayment is offline   Reply With Quote