Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 09-30-2010, 11:46 PM   #16
Lady Fitzgerald
Wizard
Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: JetBook Lite (away from home) + 1 spare, 32" TV (at home)
One of my woman friends has a meditation room. That is about as close to a female version of a man cave as I can think of.
Lady Fitzgerald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 12:10 AM   #17
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Lyle Jordan View Post
A "man-cave" with Star Wars books?

Does not compute.
Real men embrace their geekiness and nurture it!

It's basically the entire upstairs of a Cape-Cod house where I play guitar, store books, have a desktop mac (which hasn't been turned on since 2008)...I mainly use it for a home recording studio and youtube videos.
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-01-2010, 12:55 AM   #18
Bikeridr
Information Acquirer
Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 International, Pocketbook Color
I guess I don't have a specific name for "my" room. It's just the "computer room", albeit my wife tend to refer to it as "the black hole"..
Bikeridr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 08:43 AM   #19
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhempel24 View Post
Real men embrace their geekiness and nurture it!

It's basically the entire upstairs of a Cape-Cod house where I play guitar, store books, have a desktop mac (which hasn't been turned on since 2008)...I mainly use it for a home recording studio and youtube videos.
Ah... you have a studio. Now I understand!

Seriously, nothing against the Star Wars books (I, myself, have the entire Doc Savage collection proudly displayed on a shelf in the family room). I don't actually have a man-devoted private space in my house... it's not that big, and the SO and I've never needed to lock ourselves away to do the things we enjoy.
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 01:16 PM   #20
Freeshadow
temp. out of service
Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB 623
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Fitzgerald View Post
One of my woman friends has a meditation room. That is about as close to a female version of a man cave as I can think of.
I think such a room would look similar regardless of the practitioners sex.
I hardly can imagine somebody practising yoga or zazen by preference in the midst of piles of electronical components, altough I admit it might be a matter of taste I prefer more emptiness for sitting.
Freeshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-02-2010, 07:24 AM   #21
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
Zen and the art of raidiation
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 09:14 AM   #22
Georgiegirl2012
Connoisseur
Georgiegirl2012 is a jewel in the roughGeorgiegirl2012 is a jewel in the roughGeorgiegirl2012 is a jewel in the roughGeorgiegirl2012 is a jewel in the roughGeorgiegirl2012 is a jewel in the roughGeorgiegirl2012 is a jewel in the roughGeorgiegirl2012 is a jewel in the roughGeorgiegirl2012 is a jewel in the roughGeorgiegirl2012 is a jewel in the roughGeorgiegirl2012 is a jewel in the roughGeorgiegirl2012 is a jewel in the rough

Device: Sony touch prs600
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhempel24 View Post
Zen and the art of raidiation
Would that be a zen den?

My whole house is a cave.
Georgiegirl2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 10:08 AM   #23
GhostHawk
Data Privateer!
GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.

Device: Ectaco Jetbook& Jetbook Lite
In my case I never called it a man cave, its the "office" although really thats only half right. As its at least as much library as it is office.

The point is that my wife runs all the other rooms to suit her, cleans, rearranges, decorates, etc. This one is mine, and I will be consulted before you move stuff or clean.
Except when I leave for more than a day or 2. Then she cheats and totally cleans and hides all my stuff. Takes me a couple years to find most of it. I never track it all down.

Sigh

I guess thats as good a description of a man cave as any.
GhostHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 10:33 AM   #24
cfrizz
Wizard
cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung 54A, Kobo Libra H2O, Samsung S6 Lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostHawk View Post
In my case I never called it a man cave, its the "office" although really thats only half right. As its at least as much library as it is office.

The point is that my wife runs all the other rooms to suit her, cleans, rearranges, decorates, etc. This one is mine, and I will be consulted before you move stuff or clean.
Except when I leave for more than a day or 2. Then she cheats and totally cleans and hides all my stuff. Takes me a couple years to find most of it. I never track it all down.

Sigh

I guess thats as good a description of a man cave as any.
cfrizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 11:55 AM   #25
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
I don't think I would ever need my own entire room, but I must admit, the thought of sharing my computer with someone horrifies me. My computer is home to all my books, all my music, all my teaching stuff etc. It is probably the digital equivalent of 'my own room' and I like it arranged just so. If I ever marry, the guy has to get his own computer, he is not sharing mine
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 05:34 PM   #26
cfrizz
Wizard
cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung 54A, Kobo Libra H2O, Samsung S6 Lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by ficbot View Post
I don't think I would ever need my own entire room, but I must admit, the thought of sharing my computer with someone horrifies me. My computer is home to all my books, all my music, all my teaching stuff etc. It is probably the digital equivalent of 'my own room' and I like it arranged just so. If I ever marry, the guy has to get his own computer, he is not sharing mine
Now THIS I can fully get behind, understand, and agree with!!!
cfrizz is offline   Reply With Quote