Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 02-19-2012, 04:19 AM   #16
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teknikal View Post
I had a failed Greenp0ison attempt myself but the restore went fine afterwards but took so long I never tried jailbreaking again, I do remember I restored from DFU mode which might make a difference. The IOS 5 update should have wiped everything and started you fresh though, might be worth checking you can connect to the calibre server from another computer just in case it's a router thing.
DFU is required for any restore that is not a bog standard Apple one. Yeah maybe on the router issue. I don't have a problem with it connecting to itunes, it just doesnt want to make a direct connection to Stanza (or other readers). Its just occurred to me as I am typing, that I have an iPhone 1 sitting in a dock across the room. Now I *know* that used to connect to Calibre, and its got an old Stanza on board. Might see how that goes.

[edit] no go, so no way of figuring out the issue.

Last edited by kyteflyer; 02-19-2012 at 06:26 AM.
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:33 PM   #17
valb2953
Enthusiast
valb2953 began at the beginning.

Device: ipad,kindle
I find the dropbox to be the best solution for transferring ebooks, regardless of format. You install dropbox on your pc,add the files containing your ebooks,install the dropbox app on your ipad then you open the ipad dropbox app,select the book you want and open it in the reader that supports the format. valentin bazavan
valb2953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 04:11 PM   #18
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
I have 2 iPod Touches, one is a 3rd generation on which I have always been able to connect with Calibre and the other is a brand new 4th generation which wouldn't - up until today... I don't know why, but but today I tried again and it works!
However, the point of my post is that you can set up Calibre in the Stanza "book sources" using your local ip address in the URL field, in this format: http://192.168.1.50:8080/stanza where 8080 is the default port in Calibre--preferences--sharing over the net. On a PC, to find your IP address, click on Start and type "cmd" into the search box. On the DOS window that opens, type "ipconfig" and write down your IPv4 Address to use in Stanza in the book sources.
It works even if you can't connect directly using the usual "computers sharing books" (because Stanza is always "searching").
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 07:29 AM   #19
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
In my case it was a router issue. New wifi router, all connections work
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote