Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 04-19-2010, 11:26 PM   #1
bobcdy
Fanatic
bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: bebook; prs-950; nook simple touch; HTC Jetstream tablet
version 0.2.0 is a big improvement

Well, I finally tried using v0.2.0 beta 3 yesterday, and I must say I was impressed
with its speed! I cheated a bit, in that first I created the initial ebook coding with Microsoft Word and Notepad++, and then created an imageless epub file with Sigil v0.1.9 - my usual procedure for ebook creation. However, this time the book I was working on had 4 full size grayscale images, plus nearly 30 additional smaller images, and I quickly found that v0.1.9 was far too slow. Using v0.2.0 to add the images and edit formatting proved to be a really great advance over using only the older version for equivalent tasks.

The new version still has the habit of trashing many paragraphs of text if a mistake is made in the xhtml coding - for example, I entered <span class="indent - without the final "> and for that error v. 0.2.0 created many text additions starting with <span class where they should not be - required deleting almost an entire page of text and copying/pasting a replacement text section from the notepad++ backup. It would be nice if an error notice was generated rather than trashing.

Thanks, Valloric, for fine work on the new version. Before using it I was a bit uncertain about its value, but it really is an improvement over the older version for complex epubs. I intend to use it whenever I run into problems with 0.1.9.
bobcdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 04:17 AM   #2
paulpeer
Zealot
paulpeer is on a distinguished road

Device: iPhone, Sony PRS-505, EPUBreader
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcdy View Post
It would be nice if an error notice was generated rather than trashing.
Yes, that would be a great improvement.
paulpeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-22-2010, 10:11 AM   #3
gingerbeardman
Zealot
gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various Sony Readers, Kobo Touch Edition, iPhone
Thanks for this app, just used v2 and it is great
gingerbeardman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 11:30 AM   #4
NicolasR
Addict
NicolasR has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.NicolasR has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.NicolasR has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.NicolasR has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.NicolasR has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: none
I agree with you, Sigil 0.2 will be a wonderfull application.

But there is a bug that is still annoying to me : if you have many tabs open, then you mark a paragraph as Heading1, then you go to another tab, and go back to the initial tab : it has forgotten the Heading1 setting. Or sometimes, the Heading1 setting disappear when you save the file… That is really annoying.
NicolasR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 11:47 AM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by jctergal View Post

But there is a bug that is still annoying to me : if you have many tabs open, then you mark a paragraph as Heading1, then you go to another tab, and go back to the initial tab : it has forgotten the Heading1 setting. Or sometimes, the Heading1 setting disappear when you save the file… That is really annoying.
Supposed to be fixed in next release
Work around
Set the Heading

Now click somewhere else on the page (not on the heading line(s) )

Now it will "stick"
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-28-2010, 12:23 PM   #6
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by jctergal View Post

Already fixed.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote