Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-02-2009, 05:02 PM   #1
rhalbheer
rhalbheer began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-600
eBook Library on Windows 7

Hi All,
I read that you seem to have solved the eBook Libary problems with the version 3.0.1. I still have this problem. If I start the library on Windows 7 (64 or 32 bit), the task starts and terminates again. I have no clue how to solve this. Compatibility mode does not help
Does somebody have a good idea?
Roger
rhalbheer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 02:55 AM   #2
Nvidiot
Connoisseur
Nvidiot began at the beginning.

Device: PW2
Tried starting it as administrator?
Nvidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-03-2009, 03:47 AM   #3
Kashue
NightStalker
Kashue doesn't litterKashue doesn't litterKashue doesn't litter

I'm using Windows 7 x64 profesionall and eBook Libary with eny problem in default mode...without using administrator mode or compatibility mode...maybe u need the latest update to windows 7?hmm can You try diesabling UAC?

Last edited by Kashue; 11-03-2009 at 03:50 AM.
Kashue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 08:27 AM   #4
rhalbheer

It seems very strange as I have it on two machines. One 64 and one 32. And yes, I started it as Admin and I tried all the compatibility settings. Windows 7 is compeltely up to date
Old 11-03-2009, 08:35 AM   #5
Kashue
NightStalker

Can You try diesabling UAC??
Advert
Old 11-03-2009, 04:08 PM   #6
rhalbheer

Doesn't help either. Bust strangely, it works now on the 32bit machine. But the 64 is still the same. The process starts and then terminates again
Roger
Old 11-03-2009, 08:19 PM   #7
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhalbheer View Post
Doesn't help either. Bust strangely, it works now on the 32bit machine. But the 64 is still the same. The process starts and then terminates again
Roger
Did you clean all the cruft out after you uninstalled it? The kinoma, marlin and sony folders in your C drive?

AFter you do that then re-install the 3.0.1 version.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 09:45 AM   #8
Kashue
NightStalker

hmm...You can try also delete this folder C:\Users\"Your name"\AppData\Local\Sony Corporation\eBook Library\
Old 11-04-2009, 09:56 AM   #9
terekkincaid
Connoisseur
terekkincaid doesn't litterterekkincaid doesn't litter

Device: nook
Rhalb, are you using the Windows 7 beta, the RC (release candidate), or are you using the full release version (released a couple of weeks ago)? Also, did you upgrade directly from Vista, or did you do a clean install?

I'm using Win 7 x64 RC. I downloaded the latest version of ebook software from the Sony site last week (so it was the current one) and had never installed the previous version. It works fine for me, and it syncs perfectly with my PRS-600 with no problems. So, either we're not using the exact same version of the OS, or you've got some software/driver baggage in there mucking things up.
terekkincaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 04:03 PM   #10
rhalbheer

Just solved it. To answer your questions first: It is a final build and a fresh isntallation. However, I run pretty tight security and have Data Execution Prevention switched on. It seems that eLibrary is not written that clean as it hits DEP and is stopped by the OS. If I add it as an exception - it works
Thank you all for your comments and helped
Roger
Old 11-04-2009, 08:58 PM   #11
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhalbheer View Post
Just solved it. To answer your questions first: It is a final build and a fresh isntallation. However, I run pretty tight security and have Data Execution Prevention switched on. It seems that eLibrary is not written that clean as it hits DEP and is stopped by the OS. If I add it as an exception - it works
Thank you all for your comments and helped
Roger
Boy, we really need a FAQ about this software and the common problems. DEP is a very common problem with eBook library, going all the way back to version 1.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 09:43 PM   #12
carlobee
Fanatic
carlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-books

Device: The new iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Boy, we really need a FAQ about this software and the common problems. DEP is a very common problem with eBook library, going all the way back to version 1.

BOb
agreed.

btw, good to know you figured that one out.

carlobee is offline   Reply With Quote