Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 07-03-2012, 06:08 AM   #1
Paxman53
Connoisseur
Paxman53 began at the beginning.

Device: 7" Tablet - Aldiko Reader Premium
Metadata Editor - showing code not text

I wonder if anyone can help with a small problem I am encountering? However, I'm not sure whether this is a Calibre related question or a Sigil one.

Here goes:

I insert a Plot Summary in the comments box in Calibre (Edit Metadata) e.g.

Plot Summary:

The story grew out of a map that led to imaginary treasure, devised during a holiday in Scotland by Stevenson and his nephew. The tale is told by an adventurous boy, Jim Hawkins, who gets hold of treasure map and sets off with an adult crew in search of the buried treasure. Among the crew, however, is the treacherous Long John Silver who is determined to keep the treasure for himself.

However I find that when I convert with Calibre the resulting conversion in Sigil (Metadata editor) description box is shown as:

<div><b>Plot Summary:</b><div><br>...

And nothing else

Am I missing something simple here? - is there a tweak in either Calibre or Sigil that would rectify this and show the text rather than the code?

Any help greatly appreciated.
Paxman53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 10:45 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paxman53 View Post
Any help greatly appreciated.
'Insert' is such a vague term

Where did the content come from?
How did you insert it?
Since it appears to be HTML, did you switch to to the 'HTML Source' tab (at bottom) before inserting?

Last edited by theducks; 07-03-2012 at 10:48 AM. Reason: questions were for Wrong program :o
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-03-2012, 11:08 AM   #3
Paxman53
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
'Insert' is such a vague term

Where did the content come from?
How did you insert it?
Since it appears to be HTML, did you switch to to the 'HTML Source' tab (at bottom) before inserting?
Sorry couldn't think of another word.

Content either from online sources (amazon product description etc.) or typed direct from bookjacket.

Inserted by copy & paste or by direct input.

No pasted or typed into normal view.
Old 07-03-2012, 09:24 PM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
You need to look into the "content.opf" and see if the text is there. You can look at it in Sigil or in calibre via the "Tweak book" option. Looking at the file via both methods will help to see the text disappears.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 10:18 PM   #5
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paxman53 View Post
<div><b>Plot Summary:</b><div><br>...
Does it really have the ...? If so that indicates that the text is longer than the available area and it's there just shown truncated because it doesn't fit.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-04-2012, 03:12 AM   #6
Paxman53
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by user_none View Post
Does it really have the ...? If so that indicates that the text is longer than the available area and it's there just shown truncated because it doesn't fit.
Thank you, yes how stupid of me, the text is there once I expanded the column.

How now do I get rid of the HTML code marks?
Old 07-04-2012, 04:06 AM   #7
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Doesn't Calibre have at least two views for editing the comments metadata, "Normal view" and "HTML source"? Use "HTML source" and remove all tags.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 06:39 AM   #8
Paxman53
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
Doesn't Calibre have at least two views for editing the comments metadata, "Normal view" and "HTML source"? Use "HTML source" and remove all tags.
Tried that - all you get is a big block of unformatted text still with <p> at the beginning and end.

It also messes up the jacket description, however using Davidfor's suggestion I can edit the content OPF in Sigil to get the desired effect.

Thanks to everyone