Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 12-10-2009, 12:03 PM   #1
ssbkt
ssbkt began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Day 2 Issues

I got my nook yesterday, charged it and started playing with it as soon as I figured out how to open the overly complicated package. I've read enough of the other posts to know to tolerate some sluggishness but this morning it was misbehaving badly.

I couldn’t get into settings, it would just show a blank eink screen and eventually the lcd would dim without displaying anything related to the settings options. Shop didn't work, it displayed the last information I had searched for last night, search didn't work. I also noticed that the wireless signal icon wasn't there. As I started writing this post I attempted to turn it off and it didn't turn off so I pressed it again (holding it for a few seconds) and then it reset/rebooted itself.

Now that it rebooted, the wireless signal icon is back and I can get to settings so maybe it is back to "normal", though I’m anxious for a new "normal" in a firmware upgrade that takes care of some of these 1.0 problems.
ssbkt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 12:36 PM   #2
Trilby
Enthusiast
Trilby has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Trilby has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Trilby has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Trilby has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 2
I've watched a few "unpacking the Nook" videos and just unpacking is quite a feat! lol Also it does seems agonizingly slow!
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-11-2009, 04:47 AM   #3
DaveNB
Connoisseur
DaveNB has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.DaveNB has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.DaveNB has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.DaveNB has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Nook, Sony PRS-500, Nokia 770 (FBReader)
Had a hard crash this AM for no apparent reason, reset to factory settings including the erasure of the handful of ePubs, MP3's and images I had put into the Screensaver/Wallpaper folders the day before.

Not a huge deal, just reloaded my stuff, it did automatically re-download one free eBook I had obtained from BN.com and resynced it's library (archived 2 of the free books that came pre-loaded) automatically. Seems to be working well right now, reading as we speak.

Here's hoping for the firmware update to hit soon.

Dave
DaveNB is offline   Reply With Quote