Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 07-19-2013, 04:38 AM   #61
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumabjorn View Post
My point was that with only 4 GB of RAM available on board there will be very little left to other apps when BlueStacks is running.
That's correct.
But would you want to run any Windows app in parallel to Bluestacks?
I can't imagine any combination for the apps I'm using myself.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 05:13 AM   #62
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmueller View Post
That's correct.
But would you want to run any Windows app in parallel to Bluestacks?
I can't imagine any combination for the apps I'm using myself.
Yes, having S-Note available while working in Word. This is where I run into a wall right now.
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-19-2013, 06:45 AM   #63
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Yes, having S-Note available while working in Word. This is where I run into a wall right now.
Unfortunately, I can't check anymore.
I've uninstalled Bluestacks weeks ago. Only did an initial test and never used it. And after the video driver update eventually uninstalled it.
But, if I remember correctly, Bluestacks was able to run Android apps in parallel. So, if I'm correct, you wouldn't have to run Android apps and Windows apps in parallel. You could do all in a single instance of Bluestacks.
Quite frankly, I've never considered using Bluestacks for "professional" apps. I've tested some games. And, most essentially, some navigation apps.
I love Navigon. Have it in the car, on every mobile and tablet.
But it's not available for Windows.
And, with the exception of the pre-installed (albeit good enough) Bing maps, I haven't found any navigation software at all. Strange and annoying enough: Even the own solutions from Microsoft don't work. They insist on an external (!!) GPS modem vie COM-port! What about the internal GPS on my Dell Latitude 10! Are you kidding me?!
So I wanted to try Navigon.
But it was a compromise. Performance was okay, but I didn't like the structure. Kind of a "box in a box".
And imagining to work in professional tools...

But question:
Why can't you use OneNote? or OneNote and Word? I understand, you don't have the stylus yet. But this problem you'll have on Android as well.

I've prepared an entire presentation on OneNote.
Lacking some features, compared to PowerPoint of course. But, at least for me, close enough to Word.
But you should be able to sue Word and OneNote in parallel, even side by side, without any problems.
And there are quite a few penabled apps for Windows.
Old 07-19-2013, 07:11 AM   #64
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

S-Note is pen enabled, but OneNote on Android isn't. So I have all these notes on my research prepared in S-Note. Right now I'm forced to use two devices.
Old 07-19-2013, 07:31 AM   #65
mgmueller
Member Retired

Quote:
S-Note is pen enabled, but OneNote on Android isn't. So I have all these notes on my research prepared in S-Note. Right now I'm forced to use two devices.
Ah, okay.
But on Windows 8, as soon as you've got your pen, you can use OneNote.
Of course you still have to find a solution for your old notes. But I can't imagine you'd be happy using such Android apps in Bluestacks. In Germany we say "from behind through the chest into the eye", meaning having to take 3 detours to the target...

Last edited by mgmueller; 07-19-2013 at 07:36 AM.
Advert
Old 07-19-2013, 07:33 AM   #66
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
Quote:
Can the notes that are in S-Note be exported so that they can be used in OneNote? If so, you could import your notes and just start using OneNote on your Windows tab, right?

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 07:55 AM   #67
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalym View Post
Can the notes that are in S-Note be exported so that they can be used in OneNote? If so, you could import your notes and just start using OneNote on your Windows tab, right?

Shari
As jpegs. Most of the flexibility in using them will be gone. :banghead: