Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 02-13-2010, 04:53 PM   #1
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Try this.........

While seated at your desk/computer, lift your right leg and make clockwise circles.

Now lift your right hand and draw the number "6" in the air.

Does your right leg start turning the other way?

Last edited by desertgrandma; 02-13-2010 at 05:57 PM.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 04:54 PM   #2
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Why yes, it does!

Burn the witch !!
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 04:57 PM   #3
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
Why yes, it does!

Burn the witch !!
Dang.
Old 02-13-2010, 05:02 PM   #4
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Damn, how'd you know that'd happen?
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 05:16 PM   #5
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassidym View Post
Damn, how'd you know that'd happen?
How else? One of those "emails from friend".
Old 02-13-2010, 05:26 PM   #6
Javed
Grand Sorcerer
Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO, iPod Touch, PRS-650
DGM, I would never have believed it. I tried this a few times to make my leg keep going clockwise, but every time it went the other way when I drew a 6.

So then I thought I'd see what would happen if I made my right leg go anti-clockwise and draw a 9 with my right hand......this reversed the leg spinning also, into a clockwise rotation.

Amazing! I wonder what other tricks there are like this.
Javed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 05:58 PM   #7
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Be careful.

You too may be labeled "a witch!" and burned........
Old 02-13-2010, 05:59 PM   #8
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Be careful.

You too may be labeled "a witch!" and burned........
Oh yes - I can make room for two on the pyre
Old 02-13-2010, 06:06 PM   #9
Fledchen
Guru
Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.

Device: PB360+, Sony950, VR Stream, iPod Touch, iPad
It depends on how you write the number 6. I believe most people are taught to start from the top and go counter/anti-clockwise, but if you start from the inside of the curlicue, you can write the character clockwise. That's probably cheating for the purposes of this exercise.
Fledchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 06:13 PM   #10
Javed
Grand Sorcerer
Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
Oh yes - I can make room for two on the pyre
Oh I have shape-shifted again from doing all those sixes with my leg!
Old 02-13-2010, 06:19 PM   #11
LazyScot
DSil
LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Cybook
Personally I'm very suspicious of DGma attempts to get us to write the number "6". Most people will try this several times. I'm sure that writing that number three times will call up something rather nasty....
LazyScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 06:37 PM   #12
Bilbo1967
Not scared!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyScot View Post
Personally I'm very suspicious of DGma attempts to get us to write the number "6". Most people will try this several times. I'm sure that writing that number three times will call up something rather nasty....
An upside down policeman?
Old 02-13-2010, 06:41 PM   #13
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
Now Iʻm a little paranoid.... doesnʻt happen to me! I actually tried it 3 times (yipes! was that your true intention?? to have me write that 6 3 times??) and it didnʻt change a darn thing on my twirlinʻ. Does that mean I have a major disconnect?? Is *this* why I couldnʻt feel the contractions that the pitocin gave me with kid #1??
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 06:42 PM   #14
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fledchen View Post
It depends on how you write the number 6. I believe most people are taught to start from the top and go counter/anti-clockwise, but if you start from the inside of the curlicue, you can write the character clockwise. That's probably cheating for the purposes of this exercise.
Well, der. By doing it that way, you are going clockwise as well. Apparently, our minds can't process clock wise and counter clockwise at the same time.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javed View Post
Oh I have shape-shifted again from doing all those sixes with my leg!
It Works!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyScot View Post
No.........seriously, try it three times in a row!!! Nothing will happen!! Really!! Trust me!!
Old 02-13-2010, 06:43 PM   #15
Javed
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceKrispy View Post
Now Iʻm a little paranoid.... doesnʻt happen to me! I actually tried it 3 times (yipes! was that your true intention?? to have me write that 6 3 times??) and it didnʻt change a darn thing on my twirlinʻ. Does that mean I have a major disconnect?? Is *this* why I couldnʻt feel the contractions that the pitocin gave me with kid #1??
Grace, it must be your special ninja training that overcame the dark forces!