Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-22-2014, 03:20 PM   #1
Spiny Norman
Spiny Norman began at the beginning.

Device: n416
Kobo - How to open casing?

Some people have done it by accident, but I need to open the case for a repair (for an N416). Is there any specific point where I should start prying / plying?
Spiny Norman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 11:47 PM   #2
AskzYDre
Enthusiast
AskzYDre began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
I don't have a Classic but the newer Kobo Touch low cost. When I did it, it was left hand side near the top if you are holding it in front of you. Main thing though is to use something plastic so you don't gouge it up or otherwise bust it.

I posted a link of the Touch low cost with the cover off. Maybe they haven't changed the case all that much or the clip holders.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=232385
AskzYDre is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-24-2014, 06:47 AM   #3
Spiny Norman

Quote:
Originally Posted by AskzYDre View Post
I don't have a Classic but the newer Kobo Touch low cost. When I did it, it was left hand side near the top if you are holding it in front of you. Main thing though is to use something plastic so you don't gouge it up or otherwise bust it.

I posted a link of the Touch low cost with the cover off. Maybe they haven't changed the case all that much or the clip holders.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=232385
Thanks! So that's upper left side when you are reading, right?
Old 04-27-2014, 11:06 PM   #4
AskzYDre
Enthusiast

That's correct. The clips on mine aren't big so you shouldn't have to push in far.
Old 04-28-2014, 09:05 AM   #5
Spiny Norman

Oh I managed to do it before I read your reply. But it wasn't specifically upper left. Pushing the top half a little bit inwards released it easily. Well, ALMOST undamaged.

Too bad there are no N416s around with broken screens. But the N647 looks very similar. So I'm thinking of getting one of those with a broken screen and using that.
Advert
Old 05-03-2014, 09:21 PM   #6
AskzYDre
Enthusiast

If you just broke one of the clips, you could try some epoxy glue to reattach the clip itself to where it broke off. Maybe some Jbweld Plastic Weld or regular Jbweld - apply it to the broken off clip part plus the perimeter of it to reinforce it as best you can. Plastics are tough but every now and then you get lucky and it works.
Old 05-09-2014, 04:00 PM   #7
Spiny Norman

Quote:
Originally Posted by AskzYDre View Post
If you just broke one of the clips, you could try some epoxy glue to reattach the clip itself to where it broke off. Maybe some Jbweld Plastic Weld or regular Jbweld - apply it to the broken off clip part plus the perimeter of it to reinforce it as best you can. Plastics are tough but every now and then you get lucky and it works.
Well, it's only one of the clips, and the cover will stay put.

Still haven't found a replacement though. There must be an N416 somewhere with a broken screen that I could use...