Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Other formats > LRF

Notices

Old 12-13-2007, 07:19 AM   #1
RajeshKumar
RajeshKumar began at the beginning.

Sound in BBeB (SONY LRF)

Friends,

Can somebody give me a clue on setting up sound in LRF file. It should be similar to the feature in Microsoft Reader, where it reads text when we open the LIT file.

Thanks,
Rajesh
RajeshKumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 08:11 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
The Sony does not permit one to have sound "embedded" in a book, to the best of my knowledge; I'm sure that someone will correct me if I'm wrong.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-13-2007, 09:03 AM   #3
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
LRF does support embedded sounds, although I'm not sure if Reader supports that feature properly (e.g. it doesn't support PopUp windows which work fine on Librie).
However, I suspect you're actually looking for text-to-speech function, and that one is not available.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 01:56 PM   #4
sic
Addict
sic will become famous soon enoughsic will become famous soon enoughsic will become famous soon enoughsic will become famous soon enoughsic will become famous soon enoughsic will become famous soon enough

Device: SONY reader
I played around with sound in LRF I could not get it to work
IMO it's not supported in the Reader
sic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 12:47 AM   #5
RajeshKumar
RajeshKumar began at the beginning.

Thank you all for the response.

It would have been great advantage for Sony reader if it had provided that feature because the text display in the device is cool and also the device supports MP3, AAC.
RajeshKumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-19-2007, 07:49 PM   #6
sic
Addict
sic will become famous soon enoughsic will become famous soon enoughsic will become famous soon enoughsic will become famous soon enoughsic will become famous soon enoughsic will become famous soon enough

Device: SONY reader
Agreed. It could be great for people learning languages.
Text and sound in synch.

If you get it to work please let us know.
maybe I missed something.
sic is offline   Reply With Quote