Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 11-04-2010, 12:50 AM   #1
henry_moh
Edge User

Emergency Bug Report: After upgrading to Dingo-1.6, the virtual keyboard is GONE!

After upgrading to Dingo-1.6, the virtual keyboard is gone and cannot be reactivated by whatever potential methods such as long pressing menu. Please help to fix this bug ASAP. Thank you! It is a very serious bug!!!

Old 11-04-2010, 01:03 AM   #2
Chubulor
Edge User

Looks like this rose has some stray thorns. Maybe Entourage should start offering reverts for their updates the same day they release the update.

Old 11-04-2010, 01:09 AM   #3
henry_moh
Edge User

Seriously. This update seems to have more bugs than new features =\

Old 11-04-2010, 07:23 AM   #4
fgruber
Edge User

Strange. I installed the latest update and my virtual keyboard works just fine. Long pressing the menu works too. Are you using the default keyboard? If you are using a custom one you may want to reinstall it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry_moh View Post
After upgrading to Dingo-1.6, the virtual keyboard is gone and cannot be reactivated by whatever potential methods such as long pressing menu. Please help to fix this bug ASAP. Thank you! It is a very serious bug!!!

Old 11-04-2010, 07:29 AM   #5
Dr. T
Edge User

I agree with fgruber. I haven't had any problems since the update.

Old 11-04-2010, 09:04 AM   #6
borisb
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. T View Post
I agree with fgruber. I haven't had any problems since the update.
Likewise. Since the update I had the keyboard popup as usual when entering a text field, and also forced it up with a long press of the Menu button.

fgruber has a good suggestion, but if that doesn't work, then contact Tech Support.

Old 11-04-2010, 10:34 AM   #7
kenjennings
Edge User

It works here.

As others suggest, if you're using different keyboard software try reinstalling it. Otherwise contact tech support.

Has all keyboard functionality disappeared? Does an external USB keyboard still work?

Old 11-04-2010, 01:23 PM   #8
henry_moh
Edge User

I did not install any keyboard software. Can I install any to fix it? It is painful. =(

Old 11-04-2010, 06:35 PM   #9
Snow
Edge User

henry_moh, please contact Tech Support via www.entourageedge.com/support. Thank you

Old 11-07-2010, 09:58 PM   #10
henry_moh
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow View Post
henry_moh, please contact Tech Support via www.entourageedge.com/support. Thank you
I turned out to install an app "better keyboard" to solve this problem. But actually that keyboard is very slow, and I prefer the original one. But where can I get the apk file for the native keyboard? Thank you!

Old 11-07-2010, 11:22 PM   #11
Snow
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry_moh View Post
I turned out to install an app "better keyboard" to solve this problem. But actually that keyboard is very slow, and I prefer the original one. But where can I get the apk file for the native keyboard? Thank you!
Try contacting tech support. They should be able to send you the apk through a ticket and I know they will be very interested in what happened to your eDGe. Hope this helps!

Old 11-08-2010, 09:07 AM   #12
Jerry
Edge User

Try this - Go to Manage APPS and uninstall the keyboard app you installed and it should revert to using the built in code. If not Then contact technical Support.

Old 11-08-2010, 11:33 AM   #13
Snow
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
... If not Then contact technical Support.
We still want him to contact Tech Support. Even though this seems like a rare scenario, there is most likely something we can do to prevent it from happening again.

Old 11-08-2010, 12:27 PM   #14
Jerry
Edge User

OOps sorry, The issue was with an app he installed not with EE software, sorry for interfering.

Old 11-08-2010, 05:56 PM   #15
henry_moh
Edge User

I have contact the tech support but they haven't have any good solution either. So I just fix it with some non-EE keyboard.