Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 04-20-2009, 03:57 PM   #1
junk07100
junk07100 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-700
Where to purchase sony ebook gift cards in chicago

Hi,
I'm not in the US and I don't have a US credit card so I need gift vouchers to buy books for my sony reader. (grumble grumble grrrrrr..... )

A friend is travelling to Chicago in a weeks time and can buy some cards for me if I can tell her where to go and what to get.

Do Borders bookshops still sell them? Their website only refers to a regular Borders gift card which I'm afraid won't work on the sony site / reader software.

Do regular Sony stores sell them?

G.
junk07100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 04:09 PM   #2
kaas
Muncher of ebooks
kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Pocketbook 360
Or you could ask one of the friendly members to buy them for you and you pay them with paypal. That is how I did it
Pilotbob or Alphapheemail were ready to help me out (just keep in mind that you have to pay a bit more than the value as paypal keeps some of the money...)

cheers,
kaas

Last edited by kaas; 04-20-2009 at 04:20 PM.
kaas is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-20-2009, 04:12 PM   #3
Alphapheemail
.a ribbon around a bomb.
Alphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura about

Device: PRS700
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaas View Post
Or you could ask one of the friendly members to buy them for you and you pay them with paypal. That is how I did it
Pilotbob or Alphapheemail were ready to help me out (just keep in mind that you have to pay a bit more than the value as paypal keeps a bit of the money...)

cheers,
kaas
If you do decide to go down the paypal road I have in getting them for you.
I believe Kaas received his GC in less than two days
Alphapheemail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 04:14 PM   #4
kaas
Muncher of ebooks
kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Pocketbook 360
actually it took only half a day

cheers,

kaas
kaas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 04:30 PM   #5
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Yes, I think Borders sells them. Make sure to get the Sony connect store gift cards and not the Borders gift cards.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-20-2009, 05:55 PM   #6
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
I've seen them in Borders and once in a while in Target.

dordale
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 09:49 PM   #7
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-700
Major Shopping stores have them too, My Local pathmark has like 200 different gift cards from different stores, movie theaters, and online venues.
Andybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 05:37 PM   #8
gcw26
gcw26 began at the beginning.

Device: sony PRS505
can i buy some too, will pay thrugh paypal
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaas View Post
Pilotbob or Alphapheemail were ready to help me out (just keep in mind that you have to pay a bit more than the value as paypal keeps some of the money...)
cheers,
kaas
gcw26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 06:17 PM   #9
forkyfork
Zealot
forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: It's a long story ;)
I am also willing to buy some cards for members and send them if I get payment through paypal.

Send me a PM and let me know.
forkyfork is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
giftcard voucher sony