Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 02-28-2012, 02:04 PM   #16
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackibar View Post
Ok - I guess since I didn't see a "Styles" folder in the Finder, I figured Sigil didn't create one so I made one myself... I think I'm understanding now that Sigil does create these folders, but they are contained in the ePub file and not actual "folders" you can see when looking in the Finder... - ?
Now you got it!
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 02:35 PM   #17
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 NT, K3, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwig View Post
That would be good, but it would be better to have two items:

Insert into current HTML page
Insert into all HTML pages

Like S&R, have a choice between a single targeted HTML and a global action.

Also have the insertion be intelligent. Have the insertion placed after all other <link...> entries. That way you can insert multiple stylesheets in a particular order by first inserting one and then the other.
Well, what I'm actually implementing is support for single file or multiple selection right click to bring up a dialog to show you which stylesheets are in the selected html files and to allow you to include/exclude them and in what order. Its about half-way done so I'll have to dig up the code and finish it off

A simple tick on/off like Add semantics doesn't work since the order of stylesheets is important in files. Using a set as a default for new files is a possibility.
meme is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-28-2012, 02:55 PM   #18
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by meme View Post
Well, what I'm actually implementing is support for single file or multiple selection right click to bring up a dialog to show you which stylesheets are in the selected html files and to allow you to include/exclude them and in what order. Its about half-way done so I'll have to dig up the code and finish it off

A simple tick on/off like Add semantics doesn't work since the order of stylesheets is important in files. Using a set as a default for new files is a possibility.
Great, every time we come up with something, you are already working on it.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 04:12 PM   #19
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxaris View Post

Sigil is coming right along as a very great tool
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 04:22 PM   #20
mmat1
Berti
mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer Lumiread
Quote:
Ok - I guess since I didn't see a "Styles" folder in the Finder,
look into the "View"-section of the main-menu or hit alt-F1
mmat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-29-2012, 04:29 AM   #21
huebi
Zealot
huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxaris View Post
Unfortunetly not in my case
huebi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 04:54 AM   #22
Perkin
Guru
Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.

Device: Sony PRS-300, Kobo Aura HD, iPad (Marvin)
An epub is basically a zipped folder of htm,css,images etc. and opf,ncx etc.. Some have sub-folders containing the various elements.

When using Sigil it automagically creates the correct sub-folder structure (inside the epub) and moves all parts to their correct paths, and updates the necessary paths in those files, so it becomes a fully compliant correct epub (most work anyway, but ignore the correct sub-folder structure).

It's this internal structure we are talking about when referring to Styles folder etc., thus when a (x)html file is using any css or image file thats why it needs the ../ to navigate to the root folder then the folder required 'Styles' or 'Images', so a link reference would then become '../Styles/filename.css' or '../Images/filename.jpg'

Also as said by other this link reference is case-sensitive.
Perkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 07:42 AM   #23
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
.deleted.
murg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 08:04 AM   #24
jackibar
Enthusiast
jackibar began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone apps
THANKS so much for the great info! I was wondering how I could see "inside" the ePub file - didn't know it was just a zip file! Y'all are wonderful!
jackibar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 09:12 AM   #25
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
THANKS so much for the great info! I was wondering how I could see "inside" the ePub file - didn't know it was just a zip file! Y'all are wonderful!
It is a Zipped file with special rules on how it is assembled.
It is easy to view (and discard) contents, but difficult to rebuild without using EPUB tools or having knowledge..
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote