Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 01-29-2011, 03:33 PM   #1
Bpine
Hatchling
Bpine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bpine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bpine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bpine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bpine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bpine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bpine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bpine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bpine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bpine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bpine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
The Draca Wards Saga- Familiar Origins available now on Kindle!

Hi. My first novel, Familiar Origins, published by Silver Leaf Books, LLC, has been pre-released on Kindle. It has been receiving good reviews on Goodreads. Check it out!

You can order a copy here http://bit.ly/fbQ6XD

Finally…
After centuries of searching and waiting,
The eight have all been born.
The Draca Wards Saga

In a universe where dragons are supreme sentient beings, divination rituals and knowledge of human magical evolution has led to the belief that eight humans will be born with extraordinary supernatural abilities that will give them the power to challenge dragons. Divided into two factions—the Draca Debellos: conquerors of worlds to fuel their powerful magic, and the Draca Tueri: protectors of the worlds and their sentient beings—they tirelessly search for these gifted children to train and bond with to help in their eternal struggle and attempt to end their tenuous deadlock.

Both sides are aware of how dangerously powerful they are due to their understanding and mastery of nature, magic, and science; following a rigid code of conduct. But they are also aware that their Creator has worked into the nature of the universe an anomaly—a balancing feature that can lead to the extinction of the entire dragon race.

The key to overcoming the balance between Draca and the key to victory lies in the existence of these eight special humans. These humans have different combinations of powers based on the existing types of magic—psychic talents, spellcasting abilities, spiritual summoning, and elemental control. Beyond their magical abilities, what makes these eight particular humans so special is their unique ability to bond with dragons in a way that could provide both dragon and human with powers and benefits yet unknown by either race.

Both Draca factions wish for nothing more than to bond with one of these special humans and tilt the balance of power in their favor. After centuries of searching and waiting, these eight predestined humans have now all been born—humans with the power to challenge the Draca and hold the fate of the world within their hearts and minds.

Familiar Origins introduces the epic struggle between Draca factions and their search for the predestined humans. Follow the adventures, struggles, and development of these humans who have their innocence shattered at a tender age while trying to learn to live under the influence of powerful beings wishing to use them for their own ends, and growing up in a world of tragedy and horror, betrayal and deception.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BookCover_submit.jpg
Views:	323
Size:	82.3 KB
ID:	65731   Click image for larger version

Name:	FamiliarOrigins_Poster.jpg
Views:	330
Size:	653.0 KB
ID:	65732  

Last edited by Bpine; 01-29-2011 at 11:02 PM. Reason: added link
Bpine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 03:55 PM   #2
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
Will the book be made available for devices other than the Kindle, for example, at Smashwords? A lot of us do not own Kindles and/or prefer not to buy from Amazon.
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 06:02 PM   #3
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It might be a good idea to include a direct link to the book on Amazon so that people can quickly navigate there.

Regards
Caleb
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 10:32 PM   #4
Bpine
Hatchling
Bpine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bpine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bpine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bpine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bpine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bpine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bpine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bpine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bpine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bpine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bpine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhadin View Post
Will the book be made available for devices other than the Kindle, for example, at Smashwords? A lot of us do not own Kindles and/or prefer not to buy from Amazon.
rhadin, the book will be available for the Nook soon. I have asked the publisher about making it available on Smashwords, but I have not received a response on that. I will keep everyone posted once I learn more.
Old 01-29-2011, 10:35 PM   #5
Bpine
Hatchling

Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb72 View Post
It might be a good idea to include a direct link to the book on Amazon so that people can quickly navigate there.

Regards
Caleb
Thank you, caleb72. I should have thought about that.
Old 01-29-2011, 10:37 PM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bpine View Post
rhadin, the book will be available for the Nook soon. I have asked the publisher about making it available on Smashwords, but I have not received a response on that. I will keep everyone posted once I learn more.
But will your book be available for the majority of readers out there that are not Amazon and are not nook? And to be honest, it's not fair for those of us who do not have a Kindle or a nook to have to put up with a Smashwords meatgrider edition while the others may get a better copy.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 11:17 PM   #7
Bpine
Hatchling

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
But will your book be available for the majority of readers out there that are not Amazon and are not nook? And to be honest, it's not fair for those of us who do not have a Kindle or a nook to have to put up with a Smashwords meatgrider edition while the others may get a better copy.
I wish I had a definite answer your question. Unfortunately, I have little control over how the e-book will be distributed. The Kindle e-book is a prerelease; the print and Nook versions have a February release date (which will hopefully not end up delayed). I am all for getting the story out in all possible formats. But the publisher has the final decision, and they have not yet informed me of their e-book marketing plan.

I will pass this on to them so they can see what e-book readers are wanting.
Old 02-08-2011, 03:45 PM   #8
Raiderjer
Raiderjer began at the beginning.

Device: none
I cant find it

I did a search on barns and noble and can't find it...
Raiderjer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 05:17 PM   #9
Bpine
Hatchling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderjer View Post
I did a search on barns and noble and can't find it...
Oh, no! I'm looking into it.
Old 02-12-2011, 08:03 PM   #10
Bpine
Hatchling

Well, Barnes & Noble did have the book on their listing, but it was removed from their site and book list because the release date of the print version has been delayed. I am not sure yet what is going on with Nook. I guess I just have to be patient.

Feeling a bit bummed.
Old 02-18-2011, 11:49 AM   #11
Raiderjer
Raiderjer began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hi again

The Barns and NobleI checked is in Sacramento Ca (natomas)
Raiderjer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 02:09 PM   #12
Bpine
Hatchling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderjer View Post
The Barns and Noble I checked is in Sacramento Ca (natomas)
Sorry Raiderjer, I've been told that it might not get back on B&N's distribution until May(maybe sooner). I don't know what to say, except that hopefully their Nook segment will bring it on soon.

Not sure what to do. My publisher is willing to consider just about any e-book strategy, but I do not want to promote without knowing when readers can also get the print book. I can sell the books myself but I don't even know when I will receive them. Anyone has any suggestions? Thoughts?

Tags
dragon, fantasy, young adult fantasy