Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 06-02-2011, 10:43 AM   #16
WillAdams
Wizard
WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite (300ppi), Samsung Galaxy Book 12
They can always start a new line of comics in a new continuity (i.e., Marvels ``Unlimited'' line).

DC had Earth 1 and Earth 2 back when I was collecting (as well as Earth S and Earth 0, our earth), so yeah, the Earth 1 Batman would be 80 or so and long-retired, but they could've then started up Earth 3, 4, &c.
WillAdams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 11:02 AM   #17
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
A bit off-topic, but the first several issues of Batman (starting with #1, in which he kills bad guys) are now out. I hope they also post the first issue of Detective comics and a few more.

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 06-02-2011 at 11:21 AM.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 12:31 PM   #18
Shimarenda
Addict
Shimarenda can talk to the animals.Shimarenda can talk to the animals.Shimarenda can talk to the animals.Shimarenda can talk to the animals.Shimarenda can talk to the animals.Shimarenda can talk to the animals.Shimarenda can talk to the animals.Shimarenda can talk to the animals.Shimarenda can talk to the animals.Shimarenda can talk to the animals.Shimarenda can talk to the animals.

Device: Kindle 3, Nook Tablet
What I want most out of DC is a complete collection of Spectre v. 3. I wasn't in a financial position to buy comics in the '90s, but I had the first 3 issues. The writing was excellent, and what I've heard of the run is very intriguing.
Shimarenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 02:36 PM   #19
astrodad
Guru
astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Paperwhite 1, iPad, iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
A bit off-topic, but the first several issues of Batman (starting with #1, in which he kills bad guys) are now out. I hope they also post the first issue of Detective comics and a few more.
Where did you see them out in digital?
astrodad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 04:18 PM   #20
newlaza
Enthusiast
newlaza is the One.newlaza is the One.newlaza is the One.newlaza is the One.newlaza is the One.newlaza is the One.newlaza is the One.newlaza is the One.newlaza is the One.newlaza is the One.newlaza is the One.

Device: Secret
They're on Comixology, which is their official digital distributor; for now anyway.

Edit : I dunno why but I can't stop laughing at the cover to #25.

Last edited by newlaza; 06-02-2011 at 04:20 PM.
newlaza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 08:17 PM   #21
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrodad View Post
Where did you see them out in digital?
Quote:
Originally Posted by newlaza View Post
They're on Comixology, which is their official digital distributor; for now anyway.

Edit : I dunno why but I can't stop laughing at the cover to #25.
Thanks, newlaza. Yes, astrodad, that's where I saw them.
Old 06-02-2011, 10:48 PM   #22
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

What the ???

Wonder Woman wearing pants? Superman losing his trademark underpants over his trousers look? What's up with DC?
Old 06-03-2011, 01:01 AM   #23
Solitaire1
Samurai Lizard
Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NookColor
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillAdams View Post
They can always start a new line of comics in a new continuity (i.e., Marvels ``Unlimited'' line).

DC had Earth 1 and Earth 2 back when I was collecting (as well as Earth S and Earth 0, our earth), so yeah, the Earth 1 Batman would be 80 or so and long-retired, but they could've then started up Earth 3, 4, &c.
On Earth-Two, DC did let the heroes and villains grow older, with the sons and daughters of the original heroes making an appearance. Before his death, the Earth-Two Bruce Wayne had married Catwoman, retired from being Batman after his wife's death, and his daughter Helena had taken up fighting crime as The Huntress.

I agree that the multiverse provided a simple way to clean up continuity: just shift to a new earth when the time is right. The old continuity is retained and can be revisited when desired, but you can start again on a new earth without the need for a universe-altering event. This was done with the Tangent Universe, set on Earth-9 in the current Multiverse.

DC has restored the multiverse, with 52 positive-matter universes and one anti-matter (our world, Earth-Prime, exists but is not part of the above multiverse). About half of the earths in the Multiverse have been explored.

However, based on what I've read in "Flashpoint" so far, it is possible that the entire DC Multiverse along with all of its entire history have been completed wiped out and replaced with a single universe with a new history.
Solitaire1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 09:30 AM   #24
newlaza
Enthusiast
newlaza is the One.newlaza is the One.newlaza is the One.newlaza is the One.newlaza is the One.newlaza is the One.newlaza is the One.newlaza is the One.newlaza is the One.newlaza is the One.newlaza is the One.

Quote:
What the ???

Wonder Woman wearing pants? Superman losing his trademark underpants over his trousers look? What's up with DC?
Yea, this is pretty huge the more you think about it. They're rebooting some of the longest running comics in world to #1s. I'm not so much excited about the story implications as much as DC's reading of the market. Hopefully this will lead to a universal format for digital comics, as opposed to the current cloud system, which frequently locks our comics into one app or company.
Old 06-03-2011, 04:13 PM   #25
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

Quote:
Yea, this is pretty huge the more you think about it. They're rebooting some of the longest running comics in world to #1s. I'm not so much excited about the story implications as much as DC's reading of the market. Hopefully this will lead to a universal format for digital comics, as opposed to the current cloud system, which frequently locks our comics into one app or company.
They've done it before, but I think this may be the first time on this scale.
Old 06-03-2011, 09:41 PM   #26
newlaza
Enthusiast

Based on their blog they're offering the print and digital for the same price. There will also be a combo-pack, with the print version containing a digital code for download (for $1 more). It's pretty awesome to see DC take the reigns on the digital era and I hope it pays off for them because they deserve it imo.

They're also announcing some of the new series already and their contributors, and showing off some cover artwork. I can't believe Red Lanterns are getting their own series
Old 06-03-2011, 10:16 PM   #27
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Kindle Fire
hmm...i might be interested, but one member in a GR group I'm in expressed concerns that this may lead to some sort of white-washing? i mean, that maybe some would be cleaned up to appeal to the general market? he was mainly concerned that gay characters would disappear.
wyndslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 10:38 PM   #28
chrisanthropic
Fiend
chrisanthropic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisanthropic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisanthropic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisanthropic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisanthropic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisanthropic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisanthropic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisanthropic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisanthropic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisanthropic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisanthropic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
There will also be a combo-pack, with the print version containing a digital code for download (for $1 more).
This is GREAT news! I wish more authors did this too (it's the method my wife is taking once her print book comes out).
chrisanthropic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 10:53 PM   #29
newlaza
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyndslash View Post
hmm...i might be interested, but one member in a GR group I'm in expressed concerns that this may lead to some sort of white-washing? i mean, that maybe some would be cleaned up to appeal to the general market? he was mainly concerned that gay characters would disappear.
I hope there are no changes like that. Geoff Johns had some quotes about the "human aspect" and the "person behind the mask", which I guess get tossed around a lot, but I trust he means it. I think they're trying to create a blank slate to attract new or lapsed fans, and comic movie fans to jump on. It's a pretty big gamble but I'm on board for sure.

Only time will tell I guess.
Old 06-03-2011, 11:13 PM   #30
Shimarenda
Addict
Shimarenda can talk to the animals.Shimarenda can talk to the animals.Shimarenda can talk to the animals.Shimarenda can talk to the animals.Shimarenda can talk to the animals.Shimarenda can talk to the animals.Shimarenda can talk to the animals.Shimarenda can talk to the animals.Shimarenda can talk to the animals.Shimarenda can talk to the animals.Shimarenda can talk to the animals.

Device: Kindle 3, Nook Tablet
Quote:
What the ???

Wonder Woman wearing pants?
Wonder Woman has been wearing pants already, since the end of #600 when Straczynski started the Odyssey story arc: http://images.wikia.com/marvel_dc/im...alexgarner.jpg

(current character image from http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Wonder_Woman_(Diana_Prince))
Shimarenda is offline   Reply With Quote