Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-08-2007, 11:44 PM   #1
jakeluck
Groupie
jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

original cover gut material

what material is inside the original prs500 cover? i swab the interior of mine with a paper towel and some warm water to get rid some grease spots, now the cover is slightly warped. any one know what's inside? cardboard?
jakeluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 04:31 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
If it warped when it got damp, then you should be able to re-straighten it by dampening it again, and then, while it's still damp, leaving it pressed under a heavy weight - eg a large book - until it's completely dry.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-09-2007, 10:09 AM   #3
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Funny Harry!!!
We still need books to take care of reader paraphernalia. Maybe you think that's the only use left for them? That's a creative way.

I usually clean the jacket with compressed air, in some cases, it's less intrusive. Grease should just be lightly blotted.

Karen's cloth jacket is a good Idea. A washable one is what's needed. Up to date, the wooden box I carry it in has collected a fair amount of dents and dings which I'm thankfull have not come to the reader.

See, this device really is durable. Besides from a mouse there is nothing, except from my wedding ring, that touches my hands for longer periods. Everything we do for it has to be thought out for longevity. I can even foresee a day when the finish gets rubbed through to shiny metal.

Last edited by yvanleterrible; 03-09-2007 at 10:13 AM.
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 02:09 PM   #4
Aprilbeginnings
Guru
Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-500 /prs 650 soon
Quote:
Originally Posted by yvanleterrible
Karen's cloth jacket is a good Idea. A washable one is what's needed. Up to date, the wooden box I carry it in has collected a fair amount of dents and dings which I'm thankfull have not come to the reader.
Oh thank you
Aprilbeginnings is offline   Reply With Quote