Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-24-2010, 01:31 PM   #1
dewdrops
dewdrops began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Book Conversion via Calibre Failed

Hi!
I just downloaded Calibre yesterday and been trying to use the conversion to increase font size of my ebooks. However, after conversion, the book is nowhere to be found and I was left with 2 covers of the book. Anybody knows what's going on?

Thanks in advance!
dewdrops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 07:04 PM   #2
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
If you have the book in the format you are converting to open in a viewer it will give an error but still delete the book.
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-27-2010, 10:25 AM   #3
dewdrops
dewdrops began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
speakingtothe,

No I don't have the book open in a viewer so I really don't know what's wrong
dewdrops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 09:13 PM   #4
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
I don't know either.
I would try to convert to another format such as .lit and see what happens there
Also I have seen advice suggesting running calibre in debug mode for different things although I haven't tried it.
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 09:32 PM   #5
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by dewdrops View Post
I just downloaded Calibre yesterday and been trying to use the conversion to increase font size of my ebooks. However, after conversion, the book is nowhere to be found and I was left with 2 covers of the book. Anybody knows what's going on?
Since what you're experiencing is not normal and no one else has popped up with a "me too" we need to find out where the error lies. Walk us through the what and how of how you are trying to convert the books step by step.
DoctorOhh is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert