Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 07-03-2010, 07:22 PM   #1
dima_tr
Groupie
dima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-books

Device: Iliad v2, DR800S (inlove)
Font smoothing

I might be a bit paranoid but I was not too much happy with the font smoothing on the device. Somehow on Iliad I can not see individual pixels in glyphs, but on DR800S this is quite easily possible .. (worse display quality? cannot be )

Here's a script to turn on/off font smoothing with the options standard for my Ubuntu. Call the item from SDCard/Programs/ folder and see if it makes any difference for you. To turn the things back as they were just apply the script again. Personally I can see some improvement, best viewed on glyph "d" of the main menu items.

For the interested ones please see .fonts.conf file in the archive.
Attached Files
File Type: zip fontsmooth.zip (1.3 KB, 398 views)
dima_tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 04:25 PM   #2
DeReader
Connoisseur
DeReader doesn't litterDeReader doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-T1, iRex DR1000S, Kindle DXG, Jetbook Color
Very nice, I tried this on the DR800S and the DR1000S and for me it does improve the font rendering, so the details seem to be more "delicate".

Thank you!
DeReader is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert