Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 06-07-2016, 07:14 PM   #1
phossler
Wizard
phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
inline_toc_styles.css

To have my own CSS used when I make an inline TOC, I created my own styles and put my inline_toc_styles.css into AppData\Roaming\Calibre\resources\templates

1. I took a guess about where to put it since I couldn't find info in the users manual (and for once I guessed right)

2. I get CDATA tags for some reason. They don't seem to hurt, but I wonder why I get them

Code:
  <style type="text/css"><![CDATA[
  li > ul {
    margin-bottom: 1em;
  }
  ul.level1 {
    padding-left: 0;
    font-weight: normal;
    font-size: 100%;
    margin-top: 1em;
    margin-left: 0;
    text-decoration: none;
  }
  ul.level2 {
    font-size: 100%;
  }
  ul.level3 {
    font-style: italic;
  }
  li {
    margin-top: 1em;
    list-style-type: none;
  }
  a {
    text-decoration: none;
    color: black;
  }
  a:hover {
    border-top-style: solid;
    border-bottom-style: solid;
    padding-bottom: 2px;
    padding-top: 1px;
    border-top-width: 2px;
    border-bottom-width: 2px;
    color: white;
    background-color: black;
  }
  ]]></style>
phossler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 09:01 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
It ain't hard.

File: import into book: <select file>
It auto locates (in file browser)based upon extension

Right click on the LINK TARGET html: select
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-08-2016, 08:17 AM   #3
phossler
Wizard
phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Sorry, I don't see how that relates to getting [CDATA] tags

I did that and all I got was another html file at the end.
Old 06-08-2016, 09:06 AM   #4
Bertrand
Zealot
Bertrand began at the beginning.

Device: None
I think you get this <![CDATA[ because you are in a xhtml file, and in your css you have this symbol >.

> is a special character in xml. CDATA is used to prevent errors when parsing the document.
A way to say : "ignore all special characters in this section".

If you don't want to see it, put your css in an external file, but as you said, it doesn't hurt.
Bertrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 09:53 AM   #5
phossler
Wizard

Ahhh - thanks

Calibre apparently inserts what it finds in the inline_toc_styles.css file when it makes an inline TOC so I was just modeling mine on the built in file (which doesn't have the <)

My version gets used and the CDATA doesn't hurt, so all is well
Advert