Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 05-06-2008, 10:03 AM   #1
HappyMartin
Martin Kristiansen
HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle International Ipad 2
Iliad has now gone

I hate to harp on this so now this is the last I have to say regards Irex.

Had an Iliad for 3 months before it stopped working. Irex sent a box and it went off to Europe. Four months later after no communication from Irex at all other than 2 weeks ago to say it was missing they now send me a scanned copy of their customs slip and tell me to contact customs in South Africa to find the device. They feel that it is no longer their problem. I think it is. I shipped it to them under their instructions and it seems they they have now washed their hands of it.

Customs is a huge organization and I am expected to phone them with no useful information at all and try to retrieve the device. I have no idea when it was shipped, how, or with which company.

That is the end of it as far as I am concerned. I will never deal with this totally useless company ever again. I will also never recommend anyone buy this device.
HappyMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 10:20 AM   #2
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
I'm going to a conference next week. At least one VP from Irex is going to be ther. He's on the agenda as part of a panel. Send me a pm with your personal info, and I will try to raise the issue in person.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-06-2008, 11:38 AM   #3
VillageReader
Evangelist
VillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with others

Device: Iliad
HappyMartin,

I do a lot of international business. Rather than working with customs, I would track down the shipping company with their tracking number. Find out why they didn't contact you if there was a problem.

You are right, working with customs is probably not going to help. Get the shipping company on your side - it should work as long as you have the right tracking numbers and shipping date, which it sounds like iRex gave you. Good luck.
VillageReader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 12:12 PM   #4
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
Hi Martin!

I talked to iRex support today, and they say the device is back on its way to your place. It is sent by UPS. When i get a tracking number, i will email it to you. The problem was with customs not letting the device get out since they did not ackknowledge the device to be a returned repair, but it seems you have not been informed about that and according to iRex all necessary customs papers where with the shipment.

Ill tell you when i hear more.

P.S.: If all goes wrong, maybe my sister can bring it back to Joburg, when she comes back beginning of June.
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 06:18 PM   #5
junkyardwillie
Addict
junkyardwillie will become famous soon enoughjunkyardwillie will become famous soon enoughjunkyardwillie will become famous soon enoughjunkyardwillie will become famous soon enoughjunkyardwillie will become famous soon enoughjunkyardwillie will become famous soon enough

Device: Onyx Note Pro, Kobo H20 and iPad
Be a baller and buy another one, as long as they make it you can break it
junkyardwillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-06-2008, 10:04 PM   #6
booklover
Enthusiast
booklover began at the beginning.

Device: Iliad 2nd ed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
I'm going to a conference next week. At least one VP from Irex is going to be ther. He's on the agenda as part of a panel. Send me a pm with your personal info, and I will try to raise the issue in person.
Could you please by the way ask the VP why iliad users in China could not have shell access/third party software access? Any explanation? Can we switch to western version firmware? Thank you.
booklover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 10:10 PM   #7
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover View Post
Could you please by the way ask the VP why iliad users in China could not have shell access/third party software access? Any explanation? Can we switch to western version firmware? Thank you.
Didi you ask this over on Irex's forum? I vaguely recall this having come before.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 05:08 AM   #8
booklover
Enthusiast
booklover began at the beginning.

Device: Iliad 2nd ed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
Didi you ask this over on Irex's forum? I vaguely recall this having come before.
I didn't. But I saw the thread there concerning a chinese user asking about the shell access. It ended up with the iRex guy saying
Quote:
"I have no information on the planning for the Chinese market. I'm afraid nobody on this forum can give you the information you're looking for."
wow, it must be top military secret! why can't anyone at all give a simple explanation, Is that so much complicated? what's behind all this?

Hope you could help bring an answer. Thank you.
booklover is offline   Reply With Quote