Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 04-23-2019, 04:25 AM   #1
adrianf
Enthusiast
adrianf knows what time it isadrianf knows what time it isadrianf knows what time it isadrianf knows what time it isadrianf knows what time it isadrianf knows what time it isadrianf knows what time it isadrianf knows what time it isadrianf knows what time it isadrianf knows what time it isadrianf knows what time it is

Device: iPad+MacBookPro
Calibre 3.41.3 for macOS 10.14.4

I run Calibre 3.41.3 under macOS 10.14.4
I can download a book from amazon into my Calibre application, but when I double-click a book record to read it, the book opens in Kindle for macOS, instead of a Calibre window.

Can you please help? Many thanks in advance.
adrianf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 04:37 AM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianf View Post
I run Calibre 3.41.3 under macOS 10.14.4
I can download a book from amazon into my Calibre application, but when I double-click a book record to read it, the book opens in Kindle for macOS, instead of a Calibre window.

Can you please help? Many thanks in advance.
If Preferences->Behaviour->Use internal viewer for: is checked for the format in question the calibre viewer will be used, otherwise the default handler you have set for the file type in MacOS will be used.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-23-2019, 05:15 AM   #3
adrianf
Enthusiast
adrianf knows what time it isadrianf knows what time it isadrianf knows what time it isadrianf knows what time it isadrianf knows what time it isadrianf knows what time it isadrianf knows what time it isadrianf knows what time it isadrianf knows what time it isadrianf knows what time it isadrianf knows what time it is

Device: iPad+MacBookPro
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
If Preferences->Behaviour->Use internal viewer for: is checked for the format in question the calibre viewer will be used, otherwise the default handler you have set for the file type in MacOS will be used.

BR
Dear BetterRed, many thanks for your swift answer, it helped, and now I can view all my newer amazon books in Calibre. Very kind of you.
adrianf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre 3.41, mac os 10.14