Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-25-2015, 08:13 PM   #46
Bob Brunius
Connoisseur
Bob Brunius began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW & Kobo H2O
If you want to network more than one device at the same time how can you get the ipaddresses to be different?
Bob Brunius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 08:52 PM   #47
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Brunius View Post
If you want to network more than one device at the same time how can you get the ipaddresses to be different?
Not exactly sure, what you mean, are you talking about USB networking? Or are you talking about a wireless network? A router can hand out ip addresses for devices that connect to it (via DHCP).

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-29-2015, 06:29 PM   #48
Bob Brunius
Connoisseur
Bob Brunius began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW & Kobo H2O
USB networking. I read earlier in this thread that the USB network address was fixed.

I would like three H2Os hooked up to a server at the same time via USB cable and have access to their root folders.

Last edited by Bob Brunius; 05-29-2015 at 06:38 PM.
Bob Brunius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 11:45 AM   #49
Aydan
Connoisseur
Aydan plays well with othersAydan plays well with othersAydan plays well with othersAydan plays well with othersAydan plays well with othersAydan plays well with othersAydan plays well with othersAydan plays well with othersAydan plays well with othersAydan plays well with othersAydan plays well with others

Device: Kobo Touch
USB networking is only point to point, the USB host (PC) and the USB device (Kobo). Each device creates a new network interface on the host.
What you can do is bridge the host side network interfaces into one network. For this bridged network you run a DHCP server on the host and dhcp clients on the kobos.

Regards
Aydan
Aydan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 08:44 AM   #50
barobach_so
Connoisseur
barobach_so knows what's going on.barobach_so knows what's going on.barobach_so knows what's going on.barobach_so knows what's going on.barobach_so knows what's going on.barobach_so knows what's going on.barobach_so knows what's going on.barobach_so knows what's going on.barobach_so knows what's going on.barobach_so knows what's going on.barobach_so knows what's going on.

Device: kobo h2o
hi
I use this file ( ver. 1 ) on H2O fw 3.15.1.
it didnt do anything about internet connection
but now I can't acecss my SD
when I connect kobo to PC and chose to see my memory, PC doesn't recognize it

is there a way except factory reset ?

ps: I cant access any book on kobo it shows a page on kobo book store

Last edited by barobach_so; 06-08-2015 at 09:04 AM.
barobach_so is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-09-2015, 02:42 AM   #51
Aydan
Connoisseur
Aydan plays well with othersAydan plays well with othersAydan plays well with othersAydan plays well with othersAydan plays well with othersAydan plays well with othersAydan plays well with othersAydan plays well with othersAydan plays well with othersAydan plays well with othersAydan plays well with others

Device: Kobo Touch
The file is not compatible with current Firmware versions.
There were changes in the init script I'm modifying so the patch doesn't apply properly.
What happens is that the USB connection doesn't switch modes correctly anymore because the script is broken.
WHat you can try is to do a manual firmware update with the current firmware for the H2O.
This should fix the USB connection script.
If that doesn't work, you'll probably have to do a factory reset. Sorry.
Aydan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 03:04 AM   #52
barobach_so
Connoisseur
barobach_so knows what's going on.barobach_so knows what's going on.barobach_so knows what's going on.barobach_so knows what's going on.barobach_so knows what's going on.barobach_so knows what's going on.barobach_so knows what's going on.barobach_so knows what's going on.barobach_so knows what's going on.barobach_so knows what's going on.barobach_so knows what's going on.

Device: kobo h2o
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aydan View Post
The file is not compatible with current Firmware versions.
There were changes in the init script I'm modifying so the patch doesn't apply properly.
What happens is that the USB connection doesn't switch modes correctly anymore because the script is broken.
WHat you can try is to do a manual firmware update with the current firmware for the H2O.
This should fix the USB connection script.
If that doesn't work, you'll probably have to do a factory reset. Sorry.
hi
Thank you

it's last fw so I should do factory reset but dont be sorry I wanted to do factory reset just worried about chess and find this topic so I was going to it soon
focus on new fw

Last edited by barobach_so; 06-09-2015 at 04:02 AM.
barobach_so is offline   Reply With Quote