Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-06-2008, 11:23 PM   #1
Mr W
Mr W began at the beginning.

Device: sony reader 505
Children's Books

Hi!

I recently found myself with seven Sony Readers for my classroom. I am in the process of loading them with (free public domain) titles that 3rd graders would enjoy. As you probably guessed, the list isn't all that long. Twain, Tolkein, Baum etc. are all wonderful, but often a bit too advanced.

I was glad to find this forum with books uploaded - I was starting to get the feeling I was the only one dissatisfied with the ugliness of many of the free pdf files (multiple copyright pages, no illustrations, covers, etc.)

I have started reformatting a few titles to my weblog (www.bookclubshelf.com) but I will get some of them uploaded here as well.

So here is my question:

Can anyone recommend good lower-level chapter books in eformat?

I apologize if I have the wrong forum category.

THANKS!
Mr W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 11:42 PM   #2
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Here is a list of Children's Literature from Project Gutenberg Australia. Some are still in copyright in the US.
http://gutenberg.net.au/children.html

I saw from your blog that you work in PDF. (Eww!) If it works for you, keep using it. But before you convert a book, check to see if we have it here. Some of HarryT's are very well made.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-07-2008, 10:48 PM   #3
Mr W
Mr W began at the beginning.

Device: sony reader 505
HarryT

Wow, he DOES do some really nice work! The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes is Gorgeous. I am a total noob at all this, so I will have to do some research as to why pdf is bad! Thanks for the response!

Mr W
Mr W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 10:58 PM   #4
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
PDFs are slower to display than Sony's LRF format. But one nice thing about PDFs is the numerous tools to create them. There are exactly two tools to make LRF files. One is kinda buggy, and the other is a conversion, not creation, tool.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote