Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-04-2010, 06:09 PM   #1
ryeyoo
ryeyoo began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX
Kindle dx has a tiny chip

I bought an open box kindle dx graphite directly from amazon, and on the side of it there's a tiny chip on the metallic part. There's also no serial number on the back. I found this quite odd and was wondering if tiny nicks were normal. Am considering if I should just return it and get a new one instead.
ryeyoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 06:12 PM   #2
kevinp
Fanatic
kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe, Kindle PW (10th & 11th gen); Fire HD 10
I would call customer service and ask them. I hear they're quite pleasant to deal with.
kevinp is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-04-2010, 09:26 PM   #3
Tiersten
Guru
Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kindle 3G+WiFi
The K3s don't have a serial number on the back either. The Kindle support site doesn't show the back of a DXG and I don't have one so I can't confirm. The support site only shows the backplate for the original CDMA US only DX and the GSM international DX.
Tiersten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 09:29 PM   #4
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryeyoo View Post
I bought an open box kindle dx graphite directly from amazon, and on the side of it there's a tiny chip on the metallic part. There's also no serial number on the back. I found this quite odd and was wondering if tiny nicks were normal. Am considering if I should just return it and get a new one instead.
Welcome to MobileRead, ryeyoo.

Was the price reduced because of the 'open box'?

Go here, click on the 'contact us' button, sign into your account, and choose the 'call me' option. They'll call you back immediately and you can ask them.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 02:21 AM   #5
osnova
Kindler of the Flame
osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K DX,3,KT,KP,KF, KFHD; Nook C, PRS600, iPad, Xoom, N900, N810, Zaurus
I have the original DX (not the graphite). It has the serial number on the back at the bottom in small letters (oops numbers) right below the FCC, UL logos.
osnova is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert