Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 11-09-2010, 10:27 PM   #1
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Free book (nook) - Mussolini's Rome [Architecture History, US-only]

Mussolini's Rome: Rebuilding the Eternal City, by Borden W. Painter Jr., some sort of professor at Trinity College in Connecticut, is free in the B&N store, courtesy of publisher Palgrave Macmillan.

Or maybe not, since I suspect this one might be a glitch, as this is part of the decidedly academic-looking Italian and Italian-American Studies series, and the rest of those books seem to cost $50+ in the B&N store. Though that grouping may also be a glitch, since Inkmesh says this is $15-ish in the US Kindle store which seems like it would have to be a very steep discount from the "regular" price if so, and I can't check myself because it is not available to Canadians there steep discount it is.

In any case, the text seems to be all there, enjoy while it lasts; thanks Palgrave Macmillian if you really did mean to freebie this, hope your sales otherwise do well if you didn't because this looks like the freebie I'll personally enjoy the most of all this month's so far.

Synopsis
A fascinating look at the architectural mark fascism left on one of the world's most beloved cities.

For lulz, I suggest that slightly more motivated Kindle users alert Amazon of a lower price and see if they match it.

Last edited by ATDrake; 11-09-2010 at 11:05 PM. Reason: Just thought of something.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 10:55 PM   #2
Xanthe
Plan B Is Now In Force
Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aluratek,Sony 350/T1,Pandigital,eBM 911,Nook HD/HD+,Fire HDX 7/8.9,PW2
Got it. The epub wouldn't open on my Aluratek, so I removed the DRM and now it works fine.

Thanks for the head's up about it. Sounds like an interesting read.
Xanthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 11:09 PM   #3
aagstn
Evangelist
aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3, iPad mini 2
Sounds interesting. I grabbed a copy. Thanks for pointing this one out.
aagstn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 01:08 AM   #4
GreenMonkey
DRM hater
GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST glow, Kindle Voyage
Awesome. Free history book. Thanks!
GreenMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 06:47 PM   #5
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Not free anymore I would have read that too. *sniff*
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 07:23 PM   #6
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Check again. When I go to the linked page and refresh it, it still says 0.00. Unless you clicked on it and got charged, in case my apologies and I hope you manage to get everything straightened out with B&N's Customer Service.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 07:37 PM   #7
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Oh duh, I was looking for it on Kindle. That might explain it. D'oh!
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
architecture, history, italy, long-term freebie, permafreebie