Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 11-27-2012, 03:51 PM   #16
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil
doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD (R.I.P. After six years the USB socket died.) tolino shine 3
Agreed - a nice survey. But there's a problem with question 4: it isn't possible to choose the same number for eBooks and Conventional Books.
doubleshuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 03:53 PM   #17
Pookeysgirl
Wizard
Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kobo Mini
Done! Great questions! One of the best surveys I've seen posted here so far
Pookeysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-27-2012, 03:54 PM   #18
Conor
Groupie
Conor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Kobo Touch
Done.
Quote:
Q7. What benefits do you think eBooks have over conventional books, if any?
The wording suggests it can be left blank, but the survey insists on an answer. (This question requires an answer). Ditto Q8.
Conor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 04:00 PM   #19
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Done.

It would be great if you could share any results or outcomes from this when you are in a position to do so.
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 04:43 PM   #20
sliiiick12
sliiiick12 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Thank you all for your help, it is very much appreciated.

I will put up a link to the results of this survey (on this thread) in a week or two (and my research if anyone is interested, when its finished).

I am a real eBook fan and the reason I decided to research this subject is because I think that although there is a real boom in eBook sales ATM, there will always be a place for conventional books. I for one find it hard to follow study guides online and opt for printed material instead.

I will also be considering the effects of the digital divide and how it impacts upon our reading habits.

I was hoping that asking quests about age/gender might suggest that eBooks attract a niche market. We'll see...

Apologies for the issue with one of the questions. Looked at the survey and think it may be a glitch with the program.

sliiiick12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-27-2012, 05:13 PM   #21
piperclassique
A garbling groftpot
piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis, Voyage, Kobo mini, Samsung tablet, phones, whatever.
Replied.
piperclassique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 05:24 PM   #22
QuantumIguana
Philosopher
QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2 gen, Kindle Fire 1st Gen, Kindle Touch
I answered the survey. Are you also posting this survey on forums for readers of paper books? It is safe to say that people on this forum will be more favorably inclined toward e-books than people in general.
QuantumIguana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 02:56 PM   #23
sliiiick12
sliiiick12 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuantumIguana View Post
I answered the survey. Are you also posting this survey on forums for readers of paper books? It is safe to say that people on this forum will be more favorably inclined toward e-books than people in general.
Not sure yet as I have quite a tight deadline. My original train of thought was to target readers that were either more likely to replace physical books with eBooks or feel that particular genres are still more suited to print.

If I get a chance I will though.
sliiiick12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 04:27 PM   #24
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
I just took it. Very good survey.
One thing I can't quite pinpoint is, apart from the convenience, light, accessibility, etc. There is something else that makes it harder and harder for me to pick up a paper book. I have a tower of 20 TBR paper books that I just keep avoiding, because I can't be bothered with them. Some of them are from the library, because I could not find them on Overdrive, yet I keep starting new books on my kindle.
I think there is some emotional component to it as well, in my case. The more I read on my kindle, the less I want to pick up a paper book.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 04:28 PM   #25
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
I would love to see the results as well.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote