Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 03-11-2013, 08:15 PM   #1
pookiebr
Connoisseur
pookiebr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pookiebr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pookiebr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pookiebr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pookiebr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pookiebr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pookiebr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pookiebr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pookiebr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pookiebr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pookiebr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Nook HD+/ Calibre ebook cover trouble

Anyone with a Nook HD+ having trouble getting the covers to show up on ur Nook? Some ebook sites have freebies and those are the ones that seem to be the problem. On the books/library page all that shows are grey covers wiith title and author then when you go to open the book it shows a cover. Trying to figure out how to ditch the first greyed out cover..... maybe something in the settings I havent found yet?
Thanks for any suggestions.
Pookie
pookiebr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 10:10 PM   #2
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
On my nook touch/glow, I fix the covers using Sigil. Open the book in Sigil, on the navigator (on the left side), right click on the cover image under "images" and select "Add Semantics" then "Cover image". Save the book and add it to your nook.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-12-2013, 12:18 AM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
DO an epub to epub conversion before sending the files to your Nook.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 10:02 AM   #4
lrui
Enthusiast
lrui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lrui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lrui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lrui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lrui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lrui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lrui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lrui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lrui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lrui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lrui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook simple touch
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by pookiebr View Post
Anyone with a Nook HD+ having trouble getting the covers to show up on ur Nook? Some ebook sites have freebies and those are the ones that seem to be the problem. On the books/library page all that shows are grey covers wiith title and author then when you go to open the book it shows a cover. Trying to figure out how to ditch the first greyed out cover..... maybe something in the settings I havent found yet?
Thanks for any suggestions.
Pookie
http://john.nachtimwald.com/2011/08/...ot-showing-up/
lrui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:27 PM   #5
pookiebr
Connoisseur
pookiebr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pookiebr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pookiebr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pookiebr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pookiebr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pookiebr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pookiebr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pookiebr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pookiebr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pookiebr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pookiebr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

"DO an epub to epub conversion before sending the files to your Nook. "
Will try this, thanks. Was always told to convert everything to mobi first then reconvert to epub which worked but was a major pain. Worked for my Nook Tablet and then when I got the HD+ seemed to work on a hit or miss schedule. Hopefully this will work better....
Pookie
Advert
Old 03-13-2013, 10:39 PM   #6
pookiebr
Connoisseur

Will try this, thanks. "

Tried this and it didnt work.....not just with the freebie/ promotional books I got from sites but with several I bought from site other than B&N. Is there a calibre setting that I am possibly missing?
Thanks
Old 03-14-2013, 01:00 AM   #7
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Will try this, thanks. "

Tried this and it didnt work.....not just with the freebie/ promotional books I got from sites but with several I bought from site other than B&N. Is there a calibre setting that I am possibly missing?
Thanks
Try the Sigil option, I find it quick and convenient.
Old 03-14-2013, 05:45 PM   #8
pookiebr
Connoisseur

Do you use Sigil as a stand alone program and side load your books or does it mesh with Calibre and if so how?
Old 03-14-2013, 09:14 PM   #9
afv011
Captain Penguin

Quote:
Do you use Sigil as a stand alone program and side load your books or does it mesh with Calibre and if so how?
It's a standalone program, hosted here. It's an ePub editor, you can use it to create books or to edit existing books. I use it to modify a few settings on books or to display the cover.
Old 03-16-2013, 06:47 PM   #10
pookiebr
Connoisseur

The problem Im having is when I load my Nook the covers show up but the "icon" I guess, for the book shows as a grey plain cover with the title and the second page is where the actual cover is showing. Need to know if maybe there is a setting in calibre to modify this or strip the plain cover so only the actual one shows.....I downloaded Sigil and see the nav bar but dont see anything that shows cover or image or anything like what you were saying.....
Old 03-16-2013, 10:43 PM   #11
afv011
Captain Penguin

Here's a screen shot that hopefully will help you out.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot.png
Views:	275
Size:	172.4 KB
ID:	103015  
Old 03-18-2013, 01:39 AM   #12
paw3pals
Enthusiast
paw3pals doesn't litterpaw3pals doesn't litter

Device: nook tablet
I use the Modify epub plugin and select Insert or replace cover (for the Nook tablet). See if that works.

---paw3pals ---

Quote:
The problem Im having is when I load my Nook the covers show up but the "icon" I guess, for the book shows as a grey plain cover with the title and the second page is where the actual cover is showing. Need to know if maybe there is a setting in calibre to modify this or strip the plain cover so only the actual one shows.....I downloaded Sigil and see the nav bar but dont see anything that shows cover or image or anything like what you were saying.....
paw3pals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 10:35 PM   #13
pookiebr
Connoisseur

Tried the modify epub plugin...what settings do you have for it? So far nothing has worked.....including the Sigil program. Pulling my hair out.........starting to wonder if its something with the memory card.